Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first saw the pics of this, I wasn't too impressed. But, man, seeing and hearing it in motion changed my mind.

Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 SV:

Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 SV
<object width="640px" height="390px" ><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="movie" value="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=59866994,t=1,mt=video"/><embed src="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=59866994,t=1,mt=video" width="640" height="390" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I would rather have this Lambo than the SLR. I also don't like that SLR front end.

BTW, my pants got tighter watching that video.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
I think the Lambo is a much better looking car. There a bunch of "gills" all over the front of the SLR that ruins it. It looks like a bigger, uglier, more expensive version of the other SL series cars. As far as "speed for the money" goes, I think that the Lambo is the clear winner. The SLR is a bit faster but WAY more expensive.

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
Twice the price? Since when? The SLR 722's are only available used and sell for $500k to $550K with almost no mileage on them. The LP670-4 SV is $450K, if you can even get one.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I've been a HUGE Lambo fan since the Countach. Seems like they have continued to step their game up despite by being bought by Audi (which initially concerned me). I'm really looking forward to see what happens in 2010 when the new generation comes out. This Lambo, however, seems to be the best to date. I especially like the rear wing.

·
Registered
201 Posts
QUOTE (i8acobra @ Jul 3 2009, 11:09 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=579499
Twice the price? Since when? The SLR 722's are only available used and sell for $500k to $550K with almost no mileage on them. The LP670-4 SV is $450K, if you can even get one.

The driver in the video said it was going for 217k...or so I thought. Either I misheard or he mis-spoke...

·
Registered
99 Posts
QUOTE (overbybr @ Jul 21 2009, 11:20 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=580607
The driver in the video said it was going for 217k...or so I thought. Either I misheard or he mis-spoke...
217k British pounds for a UK market car. At the current exchange rate that would be 356k USD. Cars sold in different markets aren't always priced based on the exchange rate so you can't really go by that either.

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
QUOTE (vipera @ Jul 21 2009, 10:25 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=580609
217k British pounds for a UK market car. At the current exchange rate that would be 356k USD. Cars sold in different markets aren't always priced based on the exchange rate so you can't really go by that either.
That would be list price. They sell for $450K US. They don't negotiate for Lambos. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I recently saw a show called Ultimate Factories. They did a show on the Lambo factory and talked about the making of the Murci and the SV. Gotta admit that I really like the history of the Lambo. Didn't know that Ferrari stole Lambo's tractor tranny design and put it into a sports car.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
QUOTE (SmoothZ @ Dec 21 2009, 08:13 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=588403
I recently saw a show called Ultimate Factories. They did a show on the Lambo factory and talked about the making of the Murci and the SV. Gotta admit that I really like the history of the Lambo. Didn't know that Ferrari stole Lambo's tractor tranny design and put it into a sports car.
I caught that episode! It was very interesting and impressive to see the amount of passion and time the employees put into assembling one of these bad boys. I always love the section of the show when they show the engine assembly. There was also an episode of Ultimate Factories where they toured the (I believe in Stuttgart?) Porsche factory where the 911 is born. That was a great episode as well.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
QUOTE (Pumpkinhead @ Dec 23 2009, 09:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=588651
I caught that episode! It was very interesting and impressive to see the amount of passion and time the employees put into assembling one of these bad boys. I always love the section of the show when they show the engine assembly. There was also an episode of Ultimate Factories where they toured the (I believe in Stuttgart?) Porsche factory where the 911 is born. That was a great episode as well.
I missed that, but I did see the Ferrari episode. That was good, too. I should see if I could find a way to download those or save them on the HD.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts