Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

My first post and had a question about lambo door kits, I'm debating whether to put them on, I actually already bought them but every local body shop seem to discourage me. Has anyone here put them on? Are they a pain? is it worth it? Do the fenders have to be rolled?

Any xtra pointers are greatly appreciated

Thanks and Nice Forum :irock:

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Well depends upon what you use your car for. If you are showing it, then it's def. nice to have them. If it's a daily driver, then it's a toss up. I've heard they are a PITA if you are using the car everyday. Also heard that some of the brands hydrolics can get weaker in the cold, or just plain fail. Also heard of some fitment issues. I don't think you have to roll the fenders tho.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Heard that it weakens ever so slightly and you would need to adjust it to fit it right every few weeks. And also, I've heard that you would need to actually stand up partially to pull it upwards, can't do it while sitting down. Haven't really heard anything good about it except the attention it gets.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Heard that it weakens ever so slightly and you would need to adjust it to fit it right every few weeks. And also, I've heard that you would need to actually stand up partially to pull it upwards, can't do it while sitting down. Haven't really heard anything good about it except the attention it gets.
Exactly. Daily Driver = PITA Show car=lookeloo points.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, I appreciate the heads up. Prolly won't put them on since I am a daily driver and do not want the headaches...

Thanks

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I've seen it on a couple of Z's. They do work, and I haven't heard of any problems if they installed it correctly.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
In my opinion.. this mod should only be done if expense is no option.

Look at the link from the other forum... There is a crap load of labour involved in making that kit right. I wouldn't want my door hanging above my head or passengers, If I didn't 100% know it was installed and the parts were top quality.

·
Registered
76 Posts
well it also depend on what company you get. Go with the vertical door kit made by Vertical Doors Inc. It is the best company to go with. There bolts and rods will not wear out over time. Most other companys will wear out over time and body damage will happen.

there web site is

www.verticaldoors.com

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
One more thing.. lambo doors don't permit the range of entry access you once had with conventional doors. Translation: if your big, or have any big friends, you're/they're not gonna fit in the Z. The doors only go up about 45 degrees. They pitch away from the car at about 20 degrees. You have to sneak in behind the doors to get in.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
The folks I know who have them like them...but they usually have to open and close the passenger door for unexperienced occupants.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts