Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Has anyone here fitted any of the KP Technologies modules?

They have a window roll up module which will raise the windows via the keyfob when the car is off, and an additional feature which has me interested, an auto door lock feature after u start the car. I always lock the doors manually when i get in, this would be a handy feature

They also have a traction control module which u connect across the VDC/TC button and it remembers whether u had VDC turned on or off. So if u turn VDC off, then restart the car, VDC will stay off! Thats fantastic!

Im curious as to the complexity of wiring these modules. So anyone heard or used these before?

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i read somewhere that all Zs have a feature where holding the unlock button on the keyfob opens the windows? Is that true? I tried it on my car but it didnt work

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Originally posted by TPIACE@Aug 18 2005, 04:10 PM
i read somewhere that all Zs have a feature where holding the unlock button on the keyfob opens the windows? Is that true? I tried it on my car but it didnt work
[snapback]146972[/snapback]​

Yes, hold the unlock button down (have to keep it pressed down for a few seconds, and hold it down till they are lowered all the way, or to the level you want to have them be open at.......) You also have to be close enough that the alarm will work as well (I think it's 30 feet, non metric)....There is a little lag on it but it should work.......I like it when someone is like all up on the Z, pressing nose to glass........and I catch them and drop the windows, they freak! :ahhh: hahahahah :rolf2:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Originally posted by jinxxycat+Aug 18 2005, 02:15 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-TPIACE
@Aug 18 2005, 04:10 PM
[snapback]146972[/snapback]​

Yes, hold the unlock button down (have to keep it pressed down for a few seconds, and hold it down till they are lowered all the way, or to the level you want to have them be open at.......) You also have to be close enough that the alarm will work as well (I think it's 30 feet, non metric)....There is a little lag on it but it should work.......I like it when someone is like all up on the Z, pressing nose to glass........and I catch them and drop the windows, they freak! :ahhh: hahahahah :rolf2:
[snapback]146976[/snapback]​

it doesnt work on my car, i dont think my car has an alarm (i donno)

·
Registered
121 Posts
i heard about this ages ago, i tryed it and it never worked....

i never figured my stock alarm out either, i just figured it didnt have one

so i got an auto watch blue installed..
it has the window roll up feature and i think an auto lock feature, im not sure, neither have been programed, but i might have a look at all the features and get them programmed into it soon..

·
Registered
562 Posts
It's very likely that it'll not work, since it seems that our alarm/ecu are very different then the usa one.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Because Nissan are a bunch of a$$holes.

I've got an aftermarket alarm, but I know the US cars will so the "auto" window uplifts if you put the key in the door lock and hold it turned.

I tried it on my Aus car, and it didn't work.

When I had my alarm installed, the guys said I couldn't auto window lifters as the module isn't compatible with their alarm. :(

·
Registered
88 Posts
!!!!! Obviously I haven't read my owners manual, my love for my Z just went up 2 notches! I didn't know about the auto roll down. Woohoo! Any other nifty tricks you guys know about? I guess it would be expecting too much to auto start the car with the key fob...? lol

·
Registered
889 Posts
If you read the owners manual it talks about 2 different alarm systems. We have the bogo one that does nothing except a flashing light. The US spec also has a extra button on the key fob I believe.

·
Registered
303 Posts
That's really going to help!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.