Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

my car's developed a knocking noise. It only happens when im reversing say down an incline, more so rolling backwards and hit the brakes. Theres this metallic sounding knocking noise that sounds just once. The faster the cars rolling back the louder it is. Doesnt happen all the time though

anyone experience this?

sounds to me like the pads could be moving around inside the caliper? is that possible?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Sam:

Yes... I would say it is the pads in your calipers making that noise!

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
I had this issue in reverse and when moving the car after it had sat overnight. NISSAN did the TSB and no problem since (8K miles ago)

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by buZam@Aug 2 2005, 10:43 PM
I had this issue in reverse and when moving the car after it had sat overnight. NISSAN did the TSB and no problem since (8K miles ago)
[snapback]140810[/snapback]​

So what WAS the problem? Axle or pads or what?

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes exactly Buzam when the cars been sitting over night

it happens rolling down my driveway and coming to a stop

****!

is there any way i can find or dl this TSB?

and do u know exactly what the problem was?

·
Registered
352 Posts
I had the same problem it was the rear axles.

Just take the car to the dealer and they will fix it!

The pull out the axles, clean and grease them and put them back.

Voila, Robert's your father's brother.

As always

H

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same problem. took it to the dealer and was told i had a bad shock on the front passenger side. Thought they were nuts but they replaced the shock and havent heard the noise since

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
actually heard the noise again today while going forward, im thinking its the pad in the front left hand corner

ill take it to the dealer after i do my ICE, i wont get it back in time otherwise

thanks for the tips guys

·
Registered
125 Posts
unless you had your wheels balanced and alligned recently, which i highly doubt since your car is still new, it could be the bolt-on balancing weights on your wheels that are making those noises. i had a similar problem a while back and these weights cause my wheels to create this knocking effect that your experiencing at the moment. i hope this helps. you might want to check your mags out just as a precaution.

cheers
owen

·
Registered
125 Posts
oops...correction on the bolt-on weights...they actually hammer it on the wheels to fastened it. excuse my terminology there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts