Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Looking for some feedback on the the KJR Performance lightened crank pulley ...

Anybody have this mod and is pleased with the product ???

Anybody with problems ...

Catcha

·
Registered
65 Posts
These are not the same as UR pulleys. These are not underdriven so you can retain your stock belts - no fit problems, no squeeking or squealing.

Weighs around 2lbs as opposed to the 6+lbs for stock. Frees up some HP, engine will rev to redline quicker. The piece looks great and seems to be very well engineered. I've haven't had any problems with mine.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Originally posted by DavesZ#3@Aug 5 2005, 02:46 PM
These are not the same as UR pulleys.  These are not underdriven so you can retain your stock belts - no fit problems, no squeeking or squealing.

Weighs around 2lbs as opposed to the 6+lbs for stock.  Frees up some HP, engine will rev to redline quicker.  The piece looks great and seems to be very well engineered.  I've haven't had any problems with mine.
[snapback]142261[/snapback]​

:goodtimes: The only thing I wonder is what the long-term reliability will be with these 'lightened' pulleys. I like the idea of retaining stock belts, realize this is different than the UR, but wonder if the casting is any stronger?...There's already one case of mystreious failure of a UR pulley on the board...

I'd say it's a mod you'd want to check every once in a while, just to make sure nothing's worked its way loose...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by DavesZ#3@Aug 6 2005, 07:46 AM
I've haven't had any problems with mine.
[snapback]142261[/snapback]​

Thanking You ....

·
Registered
65 Posts
Originally posted by lionkiller@Aug 5 2005, 04:09 PM
There's already one case of mystreious failure of a UR pulley on the board...

I'd say it's a mod you'd want to check every once in a while, just to make sure nothing's worked its way loose...
[snapback]142306[/snapback]​

Yes, I saw that post about the UR pulley problem. I agree that it's a good idea to check these things annually. There's always reason to be concerned when you replace a part made from on metal with another. While the strength may be there, there's always the possibility of problems with the mounting.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
How about a pic so we can see it!

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Jager ive had my eye on the KJR too, and the reviews say power is pretty similar to the UR, but with the main advantage of not underdriving, which i dont want with my ICE install

Whats the price of the KJR shipped to Aus? I might split the shipping with ya

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by TPIACE@Aug 6 2005, 02:20 PM
Jager ive had my eye on the KJR too, and the reviews say power is pretty similar to the UR, but with the main advantage of not underdriving, which i dont want with my ICE install

[snapback]142429[/snapback]​

My camber kits cost $ 39.00 US - approx $ 50.00 AUS

I expect this to be similar ...

I am getting 1 for sure, so let me know ...

Catcha

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Wow...that's not a bad price for a simple mod with gains like that. Hmm...

Dave, how long have you had yours? Did you feel a real noticable difference after installation?

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Aug 6 2005, 10:18 PM
Wow...that's not a bad price for a simple mod with gains like that.  Hmm...

Dave, how long have you had yours?  Did you feel a real noticable difference after installation?
[snapback]142610[/snapback]​

+1

1/2 the price of the UR and similar gains...I Like!

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Originally posted by [)er Jagermeister+Aug 7 2005, 10:42 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-TPIACE
@Aug 6 2005, 02:20 PM

[snapback]142429[/snapback]​

My camber kits cost $ 39.00 US - approx $ 50.00 AUS

I expect this to be similar ...

I am getting 1 for sure, so let me know ...

Catcha
[snapback]142584[/snapback]​

thats actually not bad shipping

i think ill wait to hear ur feedback on fitting the pulley on an Ann engine first :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Get the UR Crank pulley... Good gains.. Good luck!

·
Registered
199 Posts
I was there when Jon had the idea and so I got one for my Z. I have had it on since May 05 and it seems worth every penny I paid for it. Would recomend it to any Z owner that wanted a nice mod with nice results.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had the KJR pulley installed at performance nissan 10K miles ago. No problems what so ever. Stock belts were reused and did not screetch. Car revs a bit faster after the install. Overall im happy with the mod.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts