Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up , i was wondering if anybody was running these ? They seem to be what im looking for to compliment my Stillen exhaust & AEM intake, loud but not raspy. Do they throw a CEL ?

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I had them on mine and never threw a CEL on mine. I really liked them. Very little rasp

·
Registered
728 Posts
Originally posted by ZmeBalln@Jul 31 2005, 09:44 AM
Whats up , i was wondering if anybody was running these ? They seem to be what im looking for to compliment my Stillen exhaust & AEM intake, loud but not raspy. Do they throw a CEL ?
[snapback]139666[/snapback]​

on 03s and early 04s, no CEL issues with test pipes will be had. On middle to late model yr 04s (04.5s) you will throw a CEL with ANY test pipe. That said, the HELP!nonfoulers will fix the CEL issue from the test pipes.

Now onto your brand selection. IMO, I wouldn't buy anything kinetix. I have read too many threads about improper welds, and poor fitment. If kinetix were the only ones on the market, then by all meens buy them, but since we have better options available, I would buy from another company. I would recommend Labree Resonated test pipes.

The resonators will not be the cure for rasp, they will tone it down, but not eliminate it. The stillen may be a bit raspy with Res-test pipes. It's subjective how much rasp is too much.

I had rasp with my res-test pipes, but very little. My catback did a good job keeping it down.

Couple vids of my car before it was TT'd: - Can you hear the rasp?
Pull away

Dyno Run

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
2004 5AT Touring...

Been running the Stillen exhaust with Kinetix test pipes + resonators for about 5K miles. No CEL and the exhaust note is perfect...no rasp at all, no droning at freeway cruising speeds and aggresive sounding under acceleration. If you are happy with the Stillen exhaust now....you will not regret installing these test pipes.

The exhaust vapors will smell more like gasoline...but not enough to be considered an issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts