Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i installed the kinetix test pipes with the borla exhaust a few weeks ago and as i am coming to a stop and the RPM's are coming down i can hear a hissing noise. sounds like the flow of the gases through the exhaust. is this normal, any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Sounds like a leak..Check the Borla for leaks especially where it joins together like an H pipe...Some guys actually had to wrap that with exhaust wrap to stop it..The Borla needs to be installed perfectly not to leak...

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the h-pipe had this probelem when i had it installed but then they welded it and it went away. I am thinking it has to be where the test pipe and the exhaust joins together. I was thinking i might be able to exchange the gasket that is used between that area with a different one.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think im going crazy i hear that dam hisssing noise and i feel like something needs to be tightened, but cant figure it out. has anyone heard this noise before?

·
Registered
99 Posts
:banghead: yup ... same noise... got my test pipes done and i also have borla td and have the same problem. I read in a g35 forum that this was normal. It sounds like a leak and then like if the exhaust is rubbing. Im taking the test pipes out cause its driving me nuttts. goin for resonated just to check them out. :werd:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts