Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am posting this topic to get some answers from Kinetix SSV owners. The question came up in another post and I want to hear from all of you about your thoughts, opinions and results from the new Kinetix SSV manifold. I realize some of you have dyno sheets and time slips you can post, but I am more concerned with the following:

Is your car F/I or N/A?

If F/I what system do you have?

Dyno #'s before and after the installation of the Kinetix SSV?

Did you tune your car after the installation of the Kinetix SSV manifold?

HP increase by custom tuning?

Would you recommend this intake to people trying to decide between

Kinetix Plenum
Crawford Plenum
Kinetix SSV complete manifold.

·
Registered
48 Posts
i heard crawford is good but suppously i heard that people with correct tunning have gotten up to 50 or 60 hp if im not wrong that what i heard about the kinetix ssv manifold

·
Premium Member
5,627 Posts
Originally posted by briankort@Jul 9 2005, 02:27 PM
I am posting this topic to get some answers from Kinetix SSV owners. The question came up in another post and I want to hear from all of you about your thoughts, opinions and results from the new Kinetix SSV manifold. I realize some of you have dyno sheets and time slips you can post, but I am more concerned with the following:

Is your car F/I or N/A?
FI

Vortech

Don't have before and after.  Final numbers on safe tune and with 3.12" pulley are 420rwhp/340rwtq vs old best numbers on a pushed to the limit tune and 3.33" pulley of 425rwhp/337rwtq.  I currently have more area under the curve and, if I wanted to push it to the limit could probably pull about 440-445rwhp.  More interested in safe running than peak numbers.

Yes

N/A in my case

Kinetix Plenum
would never recommend a plastic plenum
Crawford Plenum
best choice for those looking for decent power
Choice for those who want improved performance (I would say approximately the same as the Plenum replacements) AND to retain their stock strut bar AND serious bling factor.  IMO, performance wise, this is equal to the other offerings out there.  What it adds is for those who want the performance and a piece with show car appeal in the same package.
[snapback]129109[/snapback]​

·
Registered
853 Posts
Originally posted by mcduck+Jul 11 2005, 08:11 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-briankort
@Jul 9 2005, 02:27 PM

Is your car F/I or N/A?
FI

Vortech

Don't have before and after. Final numbers on safe tune and with 3.12" pulley are 420rwhp/340rwtq vs old best numbers on a pushed to the limit tune and 3.33" pulley of 425rwhp/337rwtq. I currently have more area under the curve and, if I wanted to push it to the limit could probably pull about 440-445rwhp. More interested in safe running than peak numbers.

Yes

N/A in my case

Kinetix Plenum
would never recommend a plastic plenum
Crawford Plenum
best choice for those looking for decent power
Choice for those who want improved performance (I would say approximately the same as the Plenum replacements) AND to retain their stock strut bar AND serious bling factor.  IMO, performance wise, this is equal to the other offerings out there. What it adds is for those who want the performance and a piece with show car appeal in the same package.
[snapback]129109[/snapback]​

[snapback]129694[/snapback]​
**** McDuck.....don't think I've seen pics of your Z before. That thing is badazz! One of the prettiest I've seen!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts