Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,627 Posts
I have to disagree (talking strictly FI applications here). I don't think the gains are necessarily what Kinetix advertises, but I think they are on par with what other plenum upgrades provide, maybe even slightly better. Check my dyno numbers. I have not seen anyone with similar mods (different plenum) hitting anywhere close to my numbers with a Vortech and stock bottom end.

I've always said if you are only concerned with the performance aspect, go with the Crawford plenum. It'll give you similiar power gains for a lot less cash... a great proven product. If you want the power gains AND want something really nice for shows, invest in the SSV.

·
Premium Member
5,627 Posts
I am out to prove no point. I merely linked some info about the SSV plenum. Until someone can provide info beyond that it is great because it is shiny, my personal opinion is that is a garbage piece.
Again, I state... check my sig. As far as I know, no one with a Vortech with a stock bottom end and similar mods as me (but different plenum) is anywhere near my HP/TQ numbers. Get over it, it works at least as well as the other plenums out there.

I don't think it's crap, I just think it's WAY overpriced.
I agree... that's why I've always said if you just want the performance, go for one of the other plenum options. If you want the performance plus a very bling-bling showy piece for show car stuff, get the SSV.

Ooooooorrrrrrr.... you could just wait for the uber-sweet item Doug over at Crawford Z Car is currently working on. :drool: Unfortunately, I am sworn to secrecy and can say no more about it right now. :biggrin:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts