Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
I think Zivman is out to prove kinetix is crap.. unfortunately no matter what stance on any issue you take, there is evidence to prove a point.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
I am out to prove no point. I merely linked some info about the SSV plenum. Until someone can provide info beyond that it is great because it is shiny, my personal opinion is that is a garbage piece.
to each their own :cheers:

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
that is good physics, however can you explain why most of the engine failures have been from detonation in the forward 2 cylinders?

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
The physics are correct in your thinking. However I will argue that the cylinders are going to suck as much air as they can, and limiting the front 2 cylinders is not a good thing.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
I offered you to explain why most of the FI failures are with the front two cylinders. It is the general consensus that the sloped plenum is the cause, and if the Kinetix prevents that failure, that is good enough for me.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
I have been around since the first procharger was strapped on a Z and went "KABOOM". It was the general findings that most of the failures were the front cylinders. I dont know if this is still the case, but I would be it is.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
links?

from what I remember, most blown motors were from poor timing control,
yes, timing played a factor, but the FRONT CYLINDERS were the failure point.

Hooray,

It is refreshing to see that others are willing to question conventional wisdom and bandwagon beliefs. Just because a product is polular does not mean it is effective and /or offer any advantages. I do not believe in being cynical, but it can be benificial at times to be skeptical and ask questions.
You dont know me very well.. I am one of the biggest questioners of conventional beliefs. When i get an opportunity I will run extensive tests on this manifold.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
they have no grounds to ban me. I broke no rules. As stated in my other thread, there was a thread on motoring that was bashing my350z and kyle and he came there and bashed me instead of answering them. They flamed him and he got pissed at me and banned me. The last thing i received was a PM from him that said "Why dont you just leave"

And now I am banned.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts