Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anybody had these installed or have heard anything? i need to order a set to correct my camber issue very soon.

Not a bad price either $369.99

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Is your camber that bad? I thought you had the Eibach pro-kit.

Mine aligned fine in the front, and almost right in the rear. You sure it won't come close to specs?

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
That's what I did. I went to NTB and paid $65 for a 1 year plan. I can get it aligned for a year now.

Like I said, I met the specs in the front and came really close in the back, so it's better to spend a few $ than to regret buying something that costs a lot more.

I'd go get it aligned first, because even if you aren't perfect, you will be a whole lot better off than what you are now.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Originally posted by Daking350Z@Jan 11 2005, 06:42 PM
ask ZXRAGE about his experiences with them...lets just say he had to repair them using a Magnum XL condom...

That sounds very disturbing.

Now I'm curious. :bump:

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Daking350Z@Jan 11 2005, 07:42 PM
ask ZXRAGE about his experiences with them...lets just say he had to repair them using a Magnum XL condom...

doesnt sound good!!

i guess ill go to NTB and get that 1 yr plan thing and go form there

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Hey Jaysen, I have them. There are a few things you should know about them. First off, you should grease the poly bushings and the ball heim joint when you first get them. This will help prevent them from wearing down and getting squeaky which is what happened to me. Also, they have two types of heim joints, normal and "racing", they both look the same with the "racing" ones being a little bigger. The reason Daking mentions a Magnum XL condom is because I used it to stretch over the heim joints to keep in the grease and all of teh dust out. The rubber boot they is supplied with the joints only covers the bottom and dust and dirt still gets in on teh top. Plus you have to cut the rubber boot so it will fit correctly and it really doesn't do that good of a job so I threw them out after a few months.

Here is a picture of the kinetix front a-arm with the red rubber boot I am talking about. It only covers the bottom half of the joint.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
So this was my solution to keep the grease in and the dust and dirt out. A nice Magnum condom stretched around the joint. It has been 4 months now and they are still holding up.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Another thing I did to help reduce the drying up of the poly bushings was to remove them and cut thin lines with a hot knife on the insides and outside of the bushing to allow grease to follow those lines and lubricate the entire length of teh bushing. I don't have any pictures of what I did but if you can imagine little grooves on the inside and outside radius of the bushign running parallel with the bolt just big enough for grease to flow through. Then to apply the grease, I drilled and tapped grease fittings into the bottom of where the bushing sits and this allows for easy application of grease if necessary in the future, but I haven't had to yet. The reason I did that was because if you ever had to remove that bolt with keeping the front suspension on it is a bitch. So simple mods to keep my car running happy. I will do this mod eventually to my rear kinetix arms in teh future if they ever start to squeak, but I did grease them heavily when they were first installed and so far no problems.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sweet, have you noticed any difference? basically are they worth getting rather than spending $800 on the other ones out there.
thx

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
They are worth it, but you will want to do these mods first before installing them to ensure you won't have any problems in the future. I can help you out if you have any questions.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by Zxrage@Jan 12 2005, 06:40 PM
They are worth it, but you will want to do these mods first before installing them to ensure you won't have any problems in the future.  I can help you out if you have any questions.

k thx ZX!! :thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts