Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bleh. I was coming home last night and just before I get to town the road turns from a two land to a four lane. Where it transitions, there is one of those cement medians which looks like a big fat curb. The markings on the road are worn and hard to see and I hit the median with the left front. Waiting to see if it warms up a bit and then put the stock bumper back on. Looks like the splitter survided .. bumper didn't. The tire went flat. Hopefully it was just from hitting the curb. I can't see any damage to the tire or rim. Will be able to tell once I get it off. Man .. and should be 'interesting' trying to jack this sucker up ...

Dang it. I had noticed before that that place on the road was difficult to tell where the road went, even in daylight .. it doglegs to the right around the median but is just basically blacktop without easily seen markings to direct you. Oh well. Guess I thought SmoothZ was lonely .. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
Sorry, too bad. I don't understand how your splitter survived.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, too bad. I don't understand how your splitter survived.
It sits at a slight angle with the leading edge higher. I'm guessing that it flexed up . . but the urethane lip couldn't.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Oh, man! That sucks! I would complain to the city about that little hazard.

Well, I'm not lonely anymore.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Don't feel too bad or alone...I clipped a barrier cone at 120 at thunder hill....$500.00 later in new paint and a new window washer bottle It's back together and looking good. Sorry though :banghead:

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:furious: **** Ed, glad it wasn't worse! Sorry to hear man. You can keep good company w/ Dave now :(
Thanks Terri. Put the old bumper back on. Have the spare on prestently. The inner lip on the wheel had ding in it. I straightened it back and put air in the tire .. leave overnight to see if it will hold air. I have to replace the tire .. scraped the inner wall. I figure the chances of finding a tire locally is slim to none ... but will look tomorrow. I sent an email to a friend in Columbia ... he 'had' wheels/tires for a 350Z. Would be nice if I could grab a replacement from him and stay running until I can repace that sucker. I may wander around some auto/tire stores and see what kinda deal they toss out for replacing all four tires.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Glad it wasn't worse. I know how you feel...reminds me of when that stupid piece of metal flew into my bumper.

All the more reason to try out a new look :)

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Appreciate that. Ha. Wish I had hit Dave's truck tire thing .. *sigh*. Oh well. See what tomorrow brings ... guess I will 'browse' tire stores.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Appreciate that. Ha. Wish I had hit Dave's truck tire thing .. *sigh*. Oh well. See what tomorrow brings ... guess I will 'browse' tire stores.
...or hit nothing at all. :nervous:

·
5,437 Posts
I think there's an INGS mockup floating around here.. very reasonably priced too if I remember crrectly. Check the threads about the INGS replica bodykit.

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
That sux, Ed! :headshake: I've always found the best deals on tires at Tire Rack - even with shipping they beat my local dealers by $100 for a set of 4 Kumhos, including installation and alignment at one of their local Preferred Installers which is where I had them shipped direct. Amazing that the splitter looks untouched!

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That sux, Ed! :headshake: I've always found the best deals on tires at Tire Rack - even with shipping they beat my local dealers by $100 for a set of 4 Kumhos, including installation and alignment at one of their local Preferred Installers which is where I had them shipped direct. Amazing that the splitter looks untouched!
Yeah. I looked. Can get a complete set of Kunho ASX - front and rear, stock size for $449.38 shipped. I got a quote from a guy in Columbia for the Kumho ASX for $282 for fronts and $327 for the rears. This includes tax, balancing, disposal fee, valve stems,
and lifetime service. That totals $609 which is $159 less then the Tire Rack. That's all for the good .. have heard nothing but good about the Tire Rack so far.

Re: Splitter. It came out completly undamaged.

P.S. Well .. had some luck. Bad and Good.
The Bad was that the left front wheel is basically toast and won't hold air overnight. The tire is scored on the inside bad enough that I can see some white threads.
The Good is that a friend has a wheel/tire off of his Z that I can borrow until I can get it replaced. I'm looking but .. I swear .. so far the 'offers' I have got from wrecking yards is on par with some new rims.

I have a poss offer of a set of 19" wheels and tires for $1200. Will check that out Saturday when I go to pick up the loaner wheel and tire ... is from the same person. Maby he will have a beer too .. ha

P.P.S. CRAP!!! I just got back from a beer run .. and the left rear went flat. Pulled the wheel .. and great .. the left rear rim is also damaged. The heck with it tonight. I'm gonna drink beer and watch tv.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
That really sucks Ed. Sorry.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts