Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i bought this kenwood powered sub. I wanted to wire everything up so i could test it before i start running wire and mounting things. connected the power, remote, and then connected the RCAs to the "subwoofer" RCAs on the back of my head unit. turned on my stereo, and it starts working. however after i run wires and mount everything, I CANT GET ANY SOUND OUT OF IT! the power indicator on the remote is lit, but i cant get any sound. anyone have any ideas how to fix this??

:banghead:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, to the "subwoofer" RCAs in the back of the head unit. Also made sure that the subwoofer was enabled through the head unit itself

·
Registered
86 Posts
Depending on the HU, check to see if the fader is to the front or rear. Some manufactures set combine the Subwoofer outputs with the rear outputs, so if your set all forward, you'll get nothing. Also, try a MP3 player or something you can get a quick output for and pump that into the sub. That'll tell you whether or not something is wrong with the sub.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'll check out the faders. im just confused because it was working until i mounted it and ran my wires. my power light is on at the remote.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
figured it out, it was a bad ground. i'm an idiot. it threw me off bc the sub had power, even with the bad ground. all good now. thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts