Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WANT TO INSTALL MY KENWOOD 7015 DOUBLE DIN WITH BOSE SPEAKERS. WHAT DO I NEEED TO DO, BUY AN ADAPTER, NEW SPEAKERS OR WHAT?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my bad for the caps lock, so what do i need to do to install this head correctly with my bose speakers?

[/quote]

·
Registered
20 Posts
You should only need a wiring adaptor. I installed mine with the original wiring(aftermarket speakers) w/ no problems.

...... so what do i need to do to install this head correctly with my bose speakers?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you look at the first post I want to install aftermarket head with stock speakers. So i need an wire adapter from crutchfield, but what about the speakers being compat. with the head? I think the head comes with trim for the head to fit nice?

thnks, luke

You should only need a wiring adaptor. I installed mine with the original wiring(aftermarket speakers) w/ no problems.

...... so what do i need to do to install this head correctly with my bose speakers?
<div align="right">[snapback]103084[/snapback]

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
This is a little more complicated that just a wiring adapter. Since you have the bose you will have to somehow utilize the Bose amp or bypass it and wire to the speakers. But since you are keeping the stock speakers the second option is not really possible.

The Bose headunit has a very low voltage output which goes to the stock amp. If you put in an aftermarket headunit and wire it to the stock amp it will get alot more volts. You volume control will be whack and you run the chance on burning your amp.

Here are some thread you should read
http://www.350z-tech.com/forums/index.php?...s&highlite=bose

·
Registered
587 Posts
You will need the audiolink PD4 to run that headunit with the Bose Amps and speakers. its about $150

http://www.linkmeup.com/pd4.htm

I have the same setup and with the PD4 it sounds good

1 - 7 of 7 Posts