Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok its finally here and installed! This thing is awesome and looks so good in the Z. My stereo is finally complete minus possibly a tv tuner and an xbox. Here are some pics of the system finally done. System includes Kenwood Excelon ddx7015, Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 components, two JL 300/2 amps, JL 10w3v2 sub in a custom under strut bar box, Delphi SkiFi XM radio...

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Can't wait to see it at Zdayz!

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cant wait Dave!

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Does your Kenwood start MP3 discs where you left off? Mine always starts over at the beginning which is annoying.. (i think it only does this on DVD-R media)

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Wow, I missed this thread....

Congrats Dave! I'm jealous...maybe one day... :)

:clap: :clap: Looks great! Ever sell any of those sub boxes?

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by EriksonFL@Sep 19 2005, 12:59 PM
Do you have the rear view camera? If so how does it work? Do you have to push a button or does it know when your i
[snapback]156437[/snapback]​

I have sold my stereo since. I didnt have the rear view cam though

·
Registered
506 Posts
Originally posted by EriksonFL@Sep 19 2005, 11:59 AM
Do you have the rear view camera? If so how does it work? Do you have to push a button or does it know when your i
[snapback]156437[/snapback]​

I've got the rear view cam on mine... It's hooked up so that if/when you go in reverse the camera automatically comes on, and the DDX has an autosensing so it'll switch to that video source automatically.

Hit me up on AIM (dataspike) or PM me here if you have more questions...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have sold my stereo since. I didnt have the rear view cam though

Are you able to watch DVD's while driving? I'd heard that there was some special tinkering that needed to be done on the new ones. True? Looking at this unit myself.....looks sweet! Let me know...

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are you able to watch DVD's while driving? I'd heard that there was some special tinkering that needed to be done on the new ones. True? Looking at this unit myself.....looks sweet! Let me know...
Yes you just need to ground the green wire that is meant for the parking brake that comes off the radio

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've got the rear view cam on mine... It's hooked up so that if/when you go in reverse the camera automatically comes on, and the DDX has an autosensing so it'll switch to that video source automatically.

Hit me up on AIM (dataspike) or PM me here if you have more questions...

what camera do you have and where is it mounted?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Sorry I have been MIA lately.

As far as the Camera this is the one I bought Click Here

I mounted it dead center of my license plate, between the I and the L for 10 TIL 4. I don't have an actual picture, but will grab one if you want.

If you have any more questions hit me up on AIM durning the day, that's going to be your best shot.

Chris

·
Registered
909 Posts
Sorry I have been MIA lately.

As far as the Camera this is the one I bought Click Here

I mounted it dead center of my license plate, between the I and the L for 10 TIL 4. I don't have an actual picture, but will grab one if you want.

If you have any more questions hit me up on AIM durning the day, that's going to be your best shot.

Chris

Wow, thats cheap. Do you like the picture quality? Where did you get the power source for it? I'd love to see any pics of the install and where you actually mounted it. I've been looking for a camera for a while and I was hesitant to buy these cheap one off eBay.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Wow, thats cheap. Do you like the picture quality? Where did you get the power source for it? I'd love to see any pics of the install and where you actually mounted it. I've been looking for a camera for a while and I was hesitant to buy these cheap one off eBay.
The picture quality is actually pretty good. I too figured it'd be a "cheap" and shitty camera, but thus far it's worked out great. The only problem I have with it is the black frame around the lense is now a bronzish color, due to the sun, but nothing a sanding and repaint can't fix.

I'll go out and take some pictures this morning.

As far as power. I'd recommend that you buy one of the power supplies that can be bundled with the camera (Here). I didn't even see the link when I bought mine, so I went to radio shack and bought a 12V cig. power cord. Worked fine. As far as where it's connected. That was the tricky part. I had to take off the drivers side tail light and search for almost an hour for the power source for the reverse lights. I will try and take a picture of the wire. So that's how it turns on. When the reverse lights come on, so does the camera.

Let me know, and I like I said, I'll try and go take some pictures this morning.

Chris

·
Registered
909 Posts
Here are the pics...

SWEET!!! Thanks very much for the pics. I'm contacting the seller right now inquiring about the nightvision cameras that would be neat. I'll probably end up getting one of these this week. If you get a chance sometime, I'd love to see which wire you ended up using for the power source. :yourock:
With my screen configuration I'll have to set it up that way. The screen doesn't power up until it detects power to where its connected to.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts