Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay since I got the Seibon TS, it has been pressing on me about how to keep rain out of the intake. And is there a filter or baffle to keep water from out of the engine. I realize that moisture will be there no matter what, but I'm trying to reduce it as much as possible. The first vent in the hood isn't too far from the intake, I'm worried about it becoming soaked.

·
Registered
52 Posts
AEM makes the filter by-pass insert. You have to cut your intake tube in half and insert the AEM part inbetween the two pieces of intake tube. When the by-pass thingy detects no suction from the end of the intake then it closes the valve and sucks air from infront of the valve. It'll only work if the filter is submerged in H20. I guess it's a really cool mod if you need to ford rivers or if you live on a flood plain thats flooded 99% of the year. But if you're worried about some rain wetting your filter then the AEM part will probably not benefit you. Why dont you just make somoe sort of block off plate/insert that can be placed over/inside the vent. That way you could drive in the rain with out worries and easily remove it once it's stopped raining.

sean

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
i had the Injen Cold Air intake.....with no problem at all
i dont think you need anything...just make sure you dont drive in a flood puddle of water

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the JWT Popcharger. I am worried about it because one of the vents is directly over the top of it, it wouldn't be so bad when I'm driving, but if the car is sitting in the rain it will get soaked. I knew a guy who blew a hole in his engine because water got in, so it makes me a abit nervous.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Originally posted by ayman350z@Jul 13 2005, 02:17 PM
i had the Injen Cold Air intake.....with no problem at all
i dont think you need anything...just make sure you dont drive in a flood puddle of water
[snapback]131414[/snapback]​

he has an aftermarket hood w/ vents in it.

PM Ray (ZXRage) he has a CF hood w/ vents (not sure about which one) and ask him what he does! :clap:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts