Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, can someone tell me if the K&N Typhoon intake is a good choice?
i care about hp/sound/look not price
ty to answer

·
Registered
247 Posts
I love mine as well.... great product

·
Registered
36,128 Posts

You can see the piece of the "snorkel" that is going down into the grille area....

Don't look at the dirt, snapped this one for someone who wanted to see what it looked like in the grille...

it's wedged in there pretty good, didn't use the little silver piece that is meant to keep it in place. You wouldn't even notice it unless you were specifically looking for it :lol:

·
Registered
728 Posts
Hi, can someone tell me if the K&N Typhoon intake is a good choice?
i care about hp/sound/look not price
ty to answer
From the research I did, most people feel the K&N is the weakest of the intakes due to the awkward design. Though, As was stated, the the gains from an intake are small, like 2-4 whp if that, and the gains vary VERY little between brands. Pick one that asethically looks the best to you and is in the price range you are looking to spend.

All that said, the most popular intakes are:
1.) JWT
followed by Injen or Nismo

I would say the K&N is a distant 4 fourth to the 3 listed above.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
"reported gains" on hopupracing.com--just a site that I know has a ton of products listed...
Nismo R Tune: 5.5 HP $309
Injen: 8-17 HP $239
K&N Typhoon: 10.1 HP $235
AEM: 15 HP $250
JWT Popcharger: 6.5 HP $99

I don't think that the design of the K&N is awkward, it's a "cold air, short ram" best of both worlds :)

·
Registered
270 Posts
I like mine just fine. I didn't want a CAI because of high water issues. It floods around here alot. K&N makes a decent product and the snorkel helps out a little. It looks good, sounds good....what more can you ask for????

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
The typhoon looks great. I already have the [email protected] drop in so im not going that route but somewhere on this forum someone makes a after market snorkel for the stock box and I thought it was pretty neat. Don't know how it stands up to the typhoon though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts