Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I read that this isn't even available to the public yet, meaning that vendors/retailers cannot sell it. :dunno:

As far as I know, it's being sold and installed exclusively by a San Diego shop.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read that this isn't even available to the public yet, meaning that vendors/retailers cannot sell it. :dunno:

As far as I know, it's being sold and installed exclusively by a San Diego shop.
it is still in prototype form. I believe JWT is trying to to for CARB certification before they sell it, but i think thats pipe dream. HKS never got CARB with their supercharger.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
I actually like this kit quite a bit.

Where else can you develope 300ft. lb. of torque at 2,000RPM?

JWT has appropriately sized these turbochargers. Brilliant.

Why have 900hp worth of flow if you only want 550? Hence the smaller turbine choice and VERY (read insane) spool time and torque.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
it is still in prototype form. I believe JWT is trying to to for CARB certification before they sell it, but i think thats pipe dream. HKS never got CARB with their supercharger.

I don't believe it's a pipe dream. I'm also fairly certain that HKS is on the fence or completed. :dunno:

Most of the time the CARB cert. URL isn't updated.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't believe it's a pipe dream. I'm also fairly certain that HKS is on the fence or completed. :dunno:

Most of the time the CARB cert. URL isn't updated.
its a pipe dream if they plan on releasing it anytime this year :punch:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Everything stated about this kit is true. I (we) have installed, tuned, and tested almost every FI kit available for this VQ35 motor. This kit and its no/low lag and insane (under the curve) torque numbers are a giant step forward compared to what is currently on the market.

We at VRT could've gone with ANY FI kit for our chosen source of power.........and we, in my opinion (and our 13+ JWT TT customers and counting) .............we have chosen well.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Hey Wa2good, welcome to the website.

What do you mean by "a giant step forward compared to what is currently on the market."??

I do not want to start a flame war and I would like this thread to stick to the topic. With that in mind, can you list all of the turbo kits you tested to benchmark against this JWT Kit? Did you compare it to the APS TT, SFR TT or Greddy TT kits?

Are you guys at (VTR or VRT - which one, I dont know) acutally developing the JWT Kit? I have always liked JWT, but I feel that they have been behind other companies in terms of development and information to the public. Do you know if JWT will be releasing a higher HP TT kit in the near future? If so, what is their new HP goal? Thanks.

Inquiring minds with high HP goals would like to know.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
any other facts and info is appreciated to keep the info page up to date.

Why is the windshielf fluid bottle replaced? Is it because of the intercooler.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey Wa2good, welcome to the website.

What do you mean by "a giant step forward compared to what is currently on the market."??

I do not want to start a flame war and I would like this thread to stick to the topic. With that in mind, can you list all of the turbo kits you tested to benchmark against this JWT Kit? Did you compare it to the APS TT, SFR TT or Greddy TT kits?

Are you guys at (VTR or VRT - which one, I dont know) acutally developing the JWT Kit? I have always liked JWT, but I feel that they have been behind other companies in terms of development and information to the public. Do you know if JWT will be releasing a higher HP TT kit in the near future? If so, what is their new HP goal? Thanks.

Inquiring minds with high HP goals would like to know.

Thank you.

This JWT TT kit has a great deal of torque at low RPM's, and whp with relatively no turbo-lag.

Oh yes, we have tried, used, installed and tuned almost all FI kits available for these cars. (all mentioned above and more). All FI kits do have their pros and cons (some more than others).

For our goals and purposes, creating a daily driven, VERY high torque, high powered, sports/sports luxury car with no present turbo lag, this kit fits the bill perfectly. The JWT TT kit is very well rounded and well put together. We at VRT have tried ALOT of FI kits for these VQ motored cars, and have decided to use this JWT TT kit as our chosen source of power.

We at VRT are currently in development with JWT of our (exclusive to VRT) variation of this JWT TT kit using a Garett GT series turbo's modified by JWT to produce the BB 700 turbo in this kit instead of the BB 530's that are currently available, for our "higher power minded" customers applications. These two kits with the 530's or the 700's will offer the best of both worlds. One will (and does) offer a high torque/low lag at low RPM's with 500+whp/550tq. The other with the 700's will incorporate similar characteristics with the trade off being a slight increase in turbo lag, yet should be able to produce (with our built motor) an estimated mid 600 to 700 whp.

These existing JWT TT (with the 530's) kits are not available "for sale" to the public yet, as they are pending CARB certs by JWT. However they are available for installation through us (VRT) on the west coast, and now recently at Performance Motorsports on the east coast.

We are limited on what kind of details we can discuss about this kit on a public forum. If anyone is interested in having this kit installed, PM me for details.

Thanks,
Scott at VRT
http://www.violentracing.com/

·
Registered
31 Posts
any other facts and info is appreciated to keep the info page up to date.

Why is the windshielf fluid bottle replaced? Is it because of the intercooler.
This windshield fluid bottle is replaced because the stock one is in the way of the intercooler and its piping. It is replaced with a smaller, more out of the way unit. This, IMO, is a small sacrafice for JWT's quest for a large more well rounded, strategicley placed "two into one" intercooler.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You can't 'buy' the jwt tt kit yet. You can only purchase and have have it installed at 2 shops in the us. vrt in cali and performance factory in new york. about this lag thing, how important is that and do most people know how much lag is created by these turbosystems? on my aps st, i get boost in less than a sec. is it lag? yeah maybe. but is it gonna make my car that much slower than another car with almost no lag? doubtful. don't get hung up on this whole turbo lag thing. these are not t-88 singles like on the supras. most of these systems are giving you full boost at or around 3500 rpms, some even sooner. until a magazine or independent organization takes the finished product of all the systems and test them in similar configurations, the the jury is out on who has the best system.

·
Registered
7 Posts
even a small amount of lag can be a killer when you are apexing a corner on the track. a kit with no lag is optimal when tracking your car. other than corner racing, the lag of the aps kit wouldnt be bad at all. for street or drag it would have no real effect.

·
Registered
498 Posts
This kit and its no/low lag and insane (under the curve) torque numbers are a giant step forward compared to what is currently on the market.
With respect (not looking for an arguement) I beg to differ with you on that comment. I'd be more than happy to run an APS twin turbo system against your prototype JWT twin turbo system over the quarter mile at the same peak boost level and on the same fuel octane. We tested virtually every Garrett GT turbo frame size at APS and I believe that the APS GT turbo spec is a superior match for the VQ engine over a broader torque and power range.

Imho there's little point in applying a smaller pair of turbos as the increased torque/power generated lower in the rpm range only leads more wheel spin in most circumstances (and more load on the drivetrain) and less hp Potential in the high rpm where greater power can be efficiently utilised.

Just my 2 cents worth. :cheers:

Peter

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Imho there's little point in applying a smaller pair of turbos as the increased torque/power generated lower in the rpm range only leads more wheel spin in most circumstances (and more load on the drivetrain) and less hp Potential in the high rpm where greater power can be efficiently utilised.

Just my 2 cents worth. :cheers:

Peter

Interesting point of view. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts