Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner
61 - 80 of 90 Posts
I just bought the popcharger 109$ shipped. I am going to do a sound clip w/o
it then w/ it. Also same with helix test pipes on stock exhaust. As soon as my car gets out of the bodyshop. Waiting on the crate with Initial D front bumpers to come out of customs.

great, i really want to hear it. i will probably order mine within the next few days. where did you get yours for 109 shipped?

My impression is that the JMT is kind of like a drop in filter without a box. it isn't the actual intake....just the air filter. Am i correct? if so, is there an intake that i should get to accompany the JMT or should i just keep my stock intake with the JMT?

yes, it is like a drop in filter.. you can get a polished/chrome/carbon fiber tube from unlimited tuning, but that is about all that will fit i think (maybe the AEM short air intake, but then there is no point in getting the pop charger)

I believe I installed the JWT popcharger correctly. I hear a whistle when i step on it...kind of like a turbo sound. Is that normal? I was expecting a more aggressive sound.

That sound is normal. When you depress the gas pedal from mid to WOT, you'll get a more aggressive sound, especially in higher RPM's. Go ahead and try it. :wink: :shiftdrive: :burnout: Enjoy!

I've had the Popcharger on for about a week now, I can kinda tell it pulls harder but not much. I've put intakes on alot of cars and I always notice a fairly significant improvement. So I was expecting something similar from this. I was thinking why there wasn't. Then it just occured to me, the cars I had put intakes on before were not nearly as powerful to begin with, so if I added say 5 or 6 hp I would notice it alot more. But since there is already so much in the Z when I added a bit more it just wasn't as noticable, but it is still there.

I am just posting this for anyone else who was expecting more from it, probably goes for other intakes as well. At first I was dissapointed, I did like the sound but not the preformance. Now that I realize why, it doesn't bother me so much. Just makes me think it just one piece of the puzzle of modding the car. Eventualy when I get a plenum and exaust it will all add up. When I get that stuff done I will take a stock Z on a drive to see the difference in feel. I'm sure I will notice my cars inprovements then. Even it I don't one step at a time.

edit: I will still never understand why it is called a Pop Charger :surprise:

The thing about our engine is that it is pretty well tweaked out for NA from the factory. It's difficult to truly squeeze significant amounts of HP out of it unless you go FI or lighten the load to really loosen the HP from the engine.

Aright straight up does the pop charger add horse power or not ? Yah ya I know it sounds great and all but that seems to be just about the only thing your all agreeing on. Half of you say it adds a bit of horse power and the other half says it doesnt. I'm off paying 150$ or so for something that makes yer car "sound" cool.... and I think even if it added like 2 maybe even 3 horses then it would definately be worth buying.

$150??? Keep shopping. I got mine long ago for $109 shipped. I say that it is worth it. You won't 'feel' it until you hit midrange, but I think a couple of HP is what you'll get.

61 - 80 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.