Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i finally broke down and bought this intake today from 350zforums.org. i drove over to Ft. worth and got it for $127 with tax and the best part about it was they installed it for free while i waited!!

overall impressions, definitely the car screams louder in higher RPM's, the performance i really cant tell a difference, but maybe its just me. i know intake gains are minima!!

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Glad to hear you like it. The popcharger was my first major mod and I still love the way it sounds especially when at WOT.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nice sound and it feels a bit more powerful. 3rd gear feels like its pulls a lot harder. Its hard to hear the sound over my exhaust but from 4k and up you can definatly hear it. Great mod for 120 bucks.

--Josh

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea my exhaust drones out the sound but it can definitely be heard and i also think for $120 it is a great MOD!!

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Definately have to agree. I loved the sound when I put mine on. Great first mod. Can still hear it even though now my R/T cats kinda over overpowering the sound.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I drove around a bunch tonight and it seemed a lot more powerful. Maybe the ecu is adjusting to the new filter. I did reset my ecu so maybe it is. Plus it seems like its growls a lot louder toward redline.

--Josh

·
Registered
230 Posts
Since we're on the subject of JWT pop-charger which I have also installed and I love it. What's a round about mileage you should clean and recharge the filter? Normal daily driving (no outback 4 wheel driving
), just regular street, highway driving.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thanks for the help bro! I guess I'll be recharging this weekend.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
WOW I must have missed something. How do you clean a`nd "recharge" the JWT popcharger? I have had mine for 10,000 miles.

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
i love my popcharger. you can clean it by using the K & N filter recharger kit, the filter won't beblue anymore if you use the K & N oil but that will clean it pretty good

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Originally posted by Steve350Z@May 20 2004, 06:16 PM
i love my popcharger.  you can clean it by using the K & N filter recharger kit, the filter won't beblue anymore if you use the K & N oil but that will clean it pretty good

My friend just cleaned his and it turned it red with the K&N cleaner. Looks good though. Im at the point right now that I should do a clean on mine.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Originally posted by Richard 350z@May 20 2004, 05:53 PM
WOW I must have missed something.  How do you clean a`nd "recharge" the JWT popcharger?  I have had mine for 10,000 miles.

Hey Richard, I just bought the K&N recharge kit and the instructions included are pretty simple. Just buy that kit at any of the parts stores and you should be good to go. Not much to it really. I'll probably do mine Saturday night and let it air dry all night.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just installed my very first mod, a JWT Popcharger. Also just got back from driving it around, let's just say...........ME LIKEY ALOT!!!!! I can't wait to buy a new exhaust and pit it on!!!!!

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Add some new cats or resonated test pipes to that bad boy too. You will love it! Also definately do a plenum. Will definately wake up your engine and exhaust!

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
you are gonna love it, and cleaning/recharging it it easy as heck too, jus ttakes a whole day to do it because it has to be dry before you reoil it. My suggestion is to clean it and let it dry overnight. As for exaust and other stuff, I can't wait until i get mine done.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts