Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to decide wether to get Nismo intake or JWT popcharger. which do you guys prefer. I want to go with Nismo only because its Nismo but which would perform and sound better.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Get the JWT, I have the JWT and I love that whistle sound. I have not heard the Nismo, but from what other people say the JWT sounds better.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I love my NISMO intake - it is great - good sound - easy to install.

I am on my third intake. First was half of the Injen so basically the JWT with a different tube(sold because I got the AEM), AEM CAI(sold because I got the Nismo), and now the NISMO

JWT is half the price and you can hear it a lot more but with the nismo you get all the piping which is less restrictive than the stock tube

Just my opinion.

(and my girlfriend bought me the NISMO for my birthday so I have to love it)

~Z~

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
The NISMO is AEM rebranded...so just get an AEM if you go that route. Like I always say, if you are shooting for 300rwhp, every little bit counts, so just get a CAI.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have the Nismo...I love it, sounds great and the throttle response is alot better. The other nice thing about the Nismo is that it is covered by my Nissan Factory warranty because the dealership added it. God forbid you have an issue, its one thing a the Nissan dealership might not warranty because it is not a Nissan part....but if they see Nismo you shouldnt have an a problem....to me its worth the little extra $ for the Nismo.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Not true, the NISMO intake is R-Tune (Race-Tune) and not supposed to be accepted by dealers.(all S-Tune is accepted...only S-Tune though) As far as voiding the warranty, you're covered under the Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act and they can't void your warranty until they find out the mod caused the problem. And i've thought it out before, it will end up costing them more to do all of that, than to service your 350Z...as long as you can hold out long enough.

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
I'm gonna have to say the JWT. Not only for the price, but also the sound you get from it. You're not going to get great gains from any intake, but if you go with one I would get the pop charger.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
I'd go with the cheaper of the two.. the pop charger. They both will have similar gains.. and you won't feel either anyways so it really doesnt matter does it? The sound is demonic at WOT above 4K rpm with the JWT. Sets off car alarms if your right next to them and at or near redline!! (Or maybe thats the exhaust doin that)

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I love my JWT! :cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts