Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How it going, i drive a a 2006 roadster with a vq35de, i currently own JWT C9 camshafts with the springs and shimers, and i was wondering if they would work well performance wise if i turbocharged my car.
Thanks fot the input

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Not sure what the performance gains will be, but expect to have an extremely lumpy idle with that kind of lift and duration. Also, expect to pay for multiple dyno pulls from an experienced tuner to extract usable power from FI and these cams. Finally, I hope your FI build includes a full shortblock rebuild at the same time you put your cams in, as it will need pistons, rods , bearings and hardware to ensure some measure of reliability.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure what the performance gains will be, but expect to have an extremely lumpy idle with that kind of lift and duration. Also, expect to pay for multiple dyno pulls from an experienced tuner to extract usable power from FI and these cams. Finally, I hope your FI build includes a full shortblock rebuild at the same time you put your cams in, as it will need pistons, rods , bearings and hardware to ensure some measure of reliability.
yes the shortblock has the work done on the piston, rods and bearings, also haclve haltech ECU and 2 fuel pulps AEM 340 and Bosch 044, 1000 cc inyectors and i think the guy whos tunning its pretty good, thanks for the input i aprreciate it

·
Registered
111 Posts
How it going, i drive a a 2006 roadster with a vq35de, i currently own JWT C9 camshafts with the springs and shimers, and i was wondering if they would work well performance wise if i turbocharged my car.
Thanks fot the input
The C9 cams are not ideal for FI

1 - 4 of 4 Posts