Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, just got around to installing my EVO-R LED's yesterday. Was going to have someone else put them in because I didn't really like the idea of removing my front bumper and tapping into the light wiring, but considering the labor time it would take, it would have wound up being more expensive than the price of the LED's by far.

Thanks to Julian's How-To on the installation!! Made it much easier! Install time was about 3 1/2 hours total, but I was really taking my time with this......

Here are some pics:

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
WEll install looks like kind of a P.I.T.A., but the LED's look really cool, Even in daylight!

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only got around to taking just a couple of night shots. Too tired! I'll be posting some more tonight.

Pretty happy with how they came out. I thought the white LED's would better match the Xenon lights. I think they are rated at 10000 MCD's.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! Yeah, I went nutty and ordered a CF airguide and rear strut bar cover from them too.

Here are a few pics of the airguide I installed after putting the bumper back on. Smooth as silk.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks lionkiller!

Hoses and clamps are definitely next.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here are a few night shots. My camera pretty much sucks at night (lack of open shutter control) so here is the best that I can do.

1st one has the xenons on, the rest are with the parking lights only. The white LED's look awesome at night. Just wish these picks would show it.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I hate you....

cuz I'm jealous. Also, because you're planting more ideas into my head...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Suggestion...

adding in some superwhite leds for the parking lights will even it out in the front giving you more of a white look instead of the factory dingy yellow.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by boogiemyke@Oct 28 2004, 12:36 PM
Suggestion...

adding in some superwhite leds for the parking lights will even it out in the front giving you more of a white look instead of the factory dingy yellow.

That's a good idea. Probably wouldn't be too difficult to replace the stock parking lamps. I rarely drive with just the parking lights on anyway but it would look pretty cool.

Sorry for the ideas, Smooth :) I can send some more pics your way if you're needing some additional temptation.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Originally posted by TrackZ03@Oct 28 2004, 11:54 AM
That's a good idea. Probably wouldn't be too difficult to replace the stock parking lamps. I rarely drive with just the parking lights on anyway but it would look pretty cool.
[/quote]
It actually makes your HID's look whiter too. When I had the stock bulbs in, they would take away from the nice white light.

They're VERY easy to replace. Just pull back the plastic in the wheel well and do a half twist to get the bulb housing out. Pull the bulb...put the new one in...put the housing back...put the plastic back as-was in the wheel well and repeat on the other side.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Chris - here are some pics of the rear carbon fiber strut cover - Only gap around the Z emblem is about a 2 mm space directly above the Z. Fitment was good all the way around except the left side which I have to keep pressing down every once in a while. Seems that all of the 2 sided tape was closer to the middle and not enough on the outside which is why it raises a little bit on the outside.

Anyone have a good suggestion for correcting this other than taking off the cover and re-applying the 2 sided tape?

Other than that, I'm happy how it looks.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
2 more -

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
That cover looks awesome! I'm debating getting one in the near future. Boogiemyke, what kind of bulbs go in the parking lights and where can I get them. Track, those lights look great at night!

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks guys. I highly recommend them!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts