Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the cats and I am getting this rattling like soimething is loose? All the bolts have been tightend and there isnt any raspyness. That is why i purchased the cats. Anyone have these cats with a similar problem please help. Thanks

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
there is a metal heat shield above the cats... this cause some rattling on jaysen's car.. we took the heat shield off and the rattling is gone..

did you have aftermarket exhaust?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes. i have borla true dual exhaust. I bent the heat shield away from the cat but i think i bent it to much cause now there is a buzzing sound the is probably from the heat sheild hitting the frame. I dont know.

By removing the heat sheild completly did you experince any problems with the floor getting too hot. I heard thats not a good idea. Not sure.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
no problems after removing the heat shield.. he had the borla also.. any chance you had your borla welded?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nope not welded. Why?

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
well jaysens was welded, and the H pipe looked like it was welded slightly crooked, causing one of the cats to rattle against the heat shield.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
yea it rattles sometimes but i think it might have to do with the install and not using the arm brace that supports the 2 cats. just a thought i had, but for the most part it doesnt bother me that much.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found the problem. When we installed it me tweeked the exhaust alittle and caused it to hit against the rear bumper. We just adjust the exhaust and everthing is good now! Thanks for the advise guys!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts