Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Were using these bad boys to compliment our 3" SFR exhaust :clap: We will be retuning with then shortly..Just for reference we took the pictures next to regular test pipes.These 3.5" test pipes replace the turbo downpipe..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Holy! Size does matter!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Are those the 2.5" APS test pipes you are comparing to? They don't have the bracket for the tranny hanger?

Also, do the bolt holes on the flanges line up in order to run them with the 2.5" exhaust?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are those the 2.5" APS test pipes you are comparing to? They don't have the bracket for the tranny hanger?

Also, do the bolt holes on the flanges line up in order to run them with the 2.5" exhaust?
No and no.. :cheers:

·
Registered
728 Posts
the bracket for the the stock cats is only needed because the stock cats weigh over 20lbs each.
Thanks for clarifying :doh:

this isn't my first day on the forums. I totally understand what you are saying. My point was, is that the smaller test pipes are not APS test pipes. APS test pipes have a the same supporting bracket you see on the larger test pipes (whether they are needed or not). In addition I could not tell if there was an APS tag tacked onto the the smaller pipe like you can see on th larger ones. Why does this matter? Well, as far as I know, APS makes the only 2.5" test pipes on the market. As dwarfing in size as the 3.5->3 test pipes are, they will look even bigger compared to a 2.25" set of test pipes

·
Registered
728 Posts
Zivman there are other companies that make 2.5 test pipes besides aps.

I know labree's are because I had those.

I didn't know AAM made test pipes, but they might. From what I could find, APS was the only company that made 2.5" unresonated test pipes.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
I only state facts when i respond, never speculation or second hand info. (well except the HKS turbo stuff, but thats fun)

AAM Spec Cat Pipe (off-road use only!):
The highly anticipated AAM Spec Cat Pipes for the Nissan 350Z and Infinity G35 are finally here! After servicing and installing several of our competitors’ designs we decided to make a higher-quality cat pipe that meets the demanding reliability expectations of our customers. In addition to having poor fitment, many of the cat-pipes on the market are constructed of thinner, lower grade stainless tubing. Not only are these units highly susceptible to fatigue and cracking on near stock 350Z's and G35's, some customers with supercharged and turbocharged 350Z's have torn apart the weld joints of these inferior cat-pipes. Made out of 2.5" mandrel bent 16-gauge 304 stainless steel to ensure the highest reliability and quality, the AAM Spec Cat Pipe replaces your vehicles restrictive factory catalytic converter to allow the highest possible exhaust flow. Dyno testing has shown 8 to 10 RWHP gains on a near stock Nissan 350Z and 20+hp gains on a turbocharged Nissan 350Z! The AAM Spec Cat-Pipes are for off-road use only and are a direct bolt-on replacement of the factory cats.

$299.99

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
those are sweet!

they look like they are for the Big-boys running crazy horse power.

so i just want to make things clear, i have seen so many innovative products by SFR recently, are they heading to be the next Boost Beasts on the market. it seems they are going over every other makers limit and breaking the barriers.

3.5" exhaust and test pipes
SFR manifol, which i think is still under testing, looks very promising though
SFR turbos with headers application

i personally think is a job well done.

will we be seeing SFR as the top people in Turbo application?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts