Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

Just got my first Z

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  dave079 
#1 ·
hello everyone at 350z Tech!!! I just bought my first 350Z a couple of days ago and i have been having a blast. This is one of the most fun cars to drive that i have ever drove. I am looking to do some performance modifications but i want to make sure that i do them right. And from some of the posts i have seen i think that you are all a bunch of great guys, and girls, to help me out with that. I look forward to chatting with you guys here. ... and almost forgot about the car....

2005 350z in the new Ultra Yellow paint.

Matt

#3 ·
Hey dave, I ended up getting a base model MT because it was the only 05 they had. I had been looking at the 04's but didnt want to drive one off the lot and in a couple months be a year old. I would have like to had the cruise control but the car was too pretty to leave in the showroom. I figure that its better to get a base model and then you can make what you want out of it and save a little bit of cash, althought ill be spending alot to do that.

Right now im just looking for some small bolt on items that will just add a little bit and not tear anything up. Any ideas on some start out products would be great.

I live in Roanoke VA and you dont really see alot of these cars around so theres not many people you can talk to about them and theres not many car shows or clubs either. So im gonna have to do the best i can on the internet.

Thanks again Dave

#5 ·
A base model is a great model to get. I have a silverstone base. I have upgraded my HID's and put the factory aluminum pedals in. For a first couple mods I would definately suggest the JWT popcharger (intake), change out your cats to either high flow or resonated test pipes, change out stock halogens for HID, plenum (intake manifold), Y pipe, and change out your crank pully.

These boards are probably the best way to learn abut your car so read and ask away.

I also know a couple of the guys from the board are from Virginia.

#7 ·
Originally posted by UltraYellow@Oct 31 2004, 09:56 AM
hello everyone at 350z Tech!!!  I just bought my first 350Z a couple of days ago and i have been having a blast. This is one of the most fun cars to drive that i have ever drove. I am looking to do some performance modifications but i want to make sure that i do them right. And from some of the posts i have seen i think that you are all a bunch of great guys, and girls, to help me out with that. I look forward to chatting with you guys here. ...  and almost forgot about the car....

2005 350z in the new Ultra Yellow paint.

Matt

Go to the general forum area, new members section. At the top, there is a thread pinned entitled "read this before modding your Z" I wrote it for guys that just purchased a new Z just like you.

I hope it helps......Jeff - zland

#11 ·
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the site!!

Feel free to ask questions.... There are tons of great people here!

#12 ·
Hey everyone thanks for the warm welcome. I dont have internet access at my place yet so i have to use a friends on the weekends, thats why my posts are so far apart. Im hoping to start doing some mods after this winter but if anyone has any good deals to throw at me i might not turn them down. Also ive been trying to find a good website with alot of nissan parts if anyone knows the good ones just drop them here. Thanks everyone i look forward to cruising with everyone!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.