Premium Member
5,911 Posts
<span style="color:darkblue">
I was beginning to think that the PPW didn't actually exist
</span>

·
Registered
123 Posts
What's up with the tinting? How was this done?
I was going to get BlueBats tail lights and rear turn signals but would like another method!
Thanks.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was beginning to think that the PPW didn't actually exist 
ahah.. sorry i didnt have a choice but to post some teaser shots.. it is not ready to be unveiled yet

Must post pics asap after you get them on Jaysen!!!! I am too chicken to try this, maybe after the how-to is posted...I won't have to order a second set of overlays! Now Josh, more pics! 
I am working on the how-to.. if it scares you too much i will be doing these for people. we can work something out. Also, if you screw up i can fix them no problem

I think you should just keep them Josh. Jaysen doesn't really need them 
i am really considering this

hey jinxx i was talking to josh tonight on the phone and we were saying if someone wanted it done that he(josh) could do it for you for a small price
**** those look great Josh. You should definately do them to yours also.
What's up with the tinting? How was this done?
I was going to get BlueBats tail lights and rear turn signals but would like another method!
Thanks.
This is spray tint, clearcoated, wet sanded and buffed, takes longer than the overlays, but the results are superior.

toykilla has done a how to on this and will be posting ti soon for you to try. it should be up soon, and i think this is the best method to tint your tail lights.
wrong, i dont have time right now for the how-to. expect it in a few weeks

I have decided i will be doing these lights for other z owners. What would you pay for such a job? 50? 75? 100? down time would be minimial, i can do my lights and ship them out to whoever wants them when i receive their stock lights. or local pickup.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Looks very smooth Josh. I think you should keep them and then let Jayson read the tutorial. After all, teach a man to fish...

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Very cool idea Josh to do this to make some $. I am sure you will have quite a few customers. How do they look during the day when you mash the brakes? Can you tell they are lighting up? That is my only prob, worried bout someone rear ending me (plus the fact that it's probably illegal in PA to do this)...how hard is it to get them off and back on???

1 - 20 of 28 Posts