Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started MY Friday out w/ a BIG scare. :faint: Coming to work today on the parkway>turnpike to avoid the paving job they are doing on local streets :headshake: So I am crusing round the looooooooooooooooooooooong sweeping bend, picking up speed as I go..........as I come out of the bend, oh going bout 81-82 mph, what do I spy in my rearview? Red and blue light bar. :OMG: Coming up on me hard in the 55mph zone that I just cruised thru at speeds in the 80's :nervous: So, of course after shitting myself, I lift up off accelerator, no brake lights, and move over into the middle lane :nervous: very certain he's going to light them up. He moved over behind me, like 2 feet from my bumper. Great. :ahhh: He rides my tail for about half a mile as I am still coasting slowing to speeds around 62-63 mph. He moves back over into the fast lane, and now he's going the exact same speed as me, directly beside me, looking over at me, so I just nodded my head as I understand he was giving me a BIG warning AND A HUGE break, and then he took off, yeah he can speed away........:headshake: but I get the :nono: NOT FAIR :biggrin: I don't know WHY he didn't give me a ticket BUT I am DAMMED HAPPY he didn't, 81 in a 55, that would have been REALLY ugly in court. So I guess I have been warned today. I will check speeds on the way home too, I am not pushing my luck today :hide2: Thanks Ossifer, I owe you one..... :irock:

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Close call Terri!

Maybe he was too busy looking at Lucy to realize you were going 81 in a 55 :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
You used up all your luck for the day...and it's still early.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Good thing you didn't practice your HPDE driving technique and power out of that turn. Would have been a bad start to the weekend.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Women....

I'm sure you smiled and flashed your lashes at him. :wink:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Lucky! You better do something nice for someone today because you just used all of your Karma.

By the way, are you going to the HPDE thing at BeaveRun next weekend? If so, save your speed for there. I will be there and we can see who is fastest (probably you)!

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Dick Ticcioni+Sep 23 2005, 08:58 AM-->
You used up all your luck for the day...and it's still early.
[snapback]157518[/snapback]​
No doubt........

Originally posted by [email protected] 23 2005, 09:25 AM
Women....

I'm sure you smiled and flashed your lashes at him. :wink:
[snapback]157527[/snapback]​

Not a smile cracked, I was too scuuuuuuuuured :nervous:

<!--QuoteBegin-peptidbond
@Sep 23 2005, 10:10 AM
Lucky! You better do something nice for someone today because you just used all of your Karma.

By the way, are you going to the HPDE thing at BeaveRun next weekend? If so, save your speed for there. I will be there and we can see who is fastest (probably you)!
[snapback]157543[/snapback]​

**** yeah I am going! AND I BET I point you past me :rolf2: I'll point anyone by.....just getting to know the track myself and I am not pushing it YET :wink: I was getting lapped by Z's, elises, M3's, all kinds o cars.....I didn't really care cause I was just trying to learn and keep all 4 "contact patches" on the ground! :rolf2:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Some days we just have better things to do, and a look gets the desired response ......or we drive a Z ourselves and hate to give tickets to other Z's...

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by Rich@Sep 23 2005, 11:08 AM
Some days we just have better things to do, and a look gets the desired response ......or we drive a Z ourselves and hate to give tickets to other Z's...
[snapback]157568[/snapback]​

:rolf2: :werd: So true...

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Nice to hear there's "one of us" out there. :cheers:

If I was "on the job," I'd use some descretion. EX: what were the circumtances? Tailgating? Slicing and dicing? Or - clean roads?

Glad you got the "right" cop. :shiftdrive:

Attachments

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by RUFDRAFT@Sep 23 2005, 06:38 PM
Nice to hear there's "one of us" out there. :cheers:

If I was "on the job," I'd use some descretion. EX: what were the circumtances? Tailgating? Slicing and dicing? Or - clean roads?

Glad you got the "right" cop. :shiftdrive:
[snapback]157692[/snapback]​

LOL Clear roads, noone infront of me and very little traffic...........I was in the fast lane and not "bobbing and weaving" LOL staying in my lane~ :D Until I saw him, then I got the heck over to the middle lane LOL Yeah I got the right one that time~ :cheers:

·
Registered
22 Posts
wow, u really got lucky this time. Too bad i can't say the same thing for myself...about a month ago i got pulled over doin 105 in a 50mph zone. :doh: Good thing i live in a relatively small town, and my dad knew some people on the force to take care of it. I came out with a careless driving ticket. I consider myself EXTREMELY lucky for this, and i know now not to speed like that on public roads...at least not right now. The hair on the back of my neck still stands on end every time i go above 70. Anyway, glad you made it out without any tickets.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I got lucky today too. I got pulled over for 59 in a 25 (no idea why the limit is so slow). He pulled me over right in front of my house. He walks up, takes my license walks to the back of my car and I guess he realizes we are right in front of my house. He walks back and asks me if I am late for something. I tell him that my two daughters both have temperatures above 100 (the truth) and I am trying to get right there (and point to my house). He tells me he has daughters too, hands me my license back, and tells me to slow down. Very cool guy, and made his point without making my bad day worse.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts