Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to tell yall I recently installed the JL Stealth Box in the Z with a JL amp, it sounds amazing, anyone looking for a good sub mixture for the car wont be disapointed with this one!

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Isn't that box like $700-800? Understand that it fits perfectly and come with a W3 sub but think any local shop could build it for less. Just my $.02. Anyhow congrats on a good chooice though.

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
I was looking into them before. I don't think they're quite that expensive. I know they look awesome, haven't had a chance to be in a Z with one installed yet though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya my box (from cartoys) cost me around 700, but thats with the two 10' jls which is pretty good in my opinion. A local shop could build the box for cheaper, but not only would you have to hassle with the labor cost's but the dimensions wouldnt be as good as the stealthbox in my opinion, anything that saves room in the Z is good in my mind.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I love my Stealth box 2 :) I was so happy with it when it was installed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, I purchased a stealthbox, just the box without speakers. I'm looking to purchase the speakers that were in there. I know they are 10w3's however there is v2; v4; and the website lists them as v3-8. I'm confused, which speakers am I supposed to buy???

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
I had mine set up with the stock HU for over a year and it works great with the JL 500/1 and the Stealthbox. I had an installer do it because I didn't want to deal with it, but they installed a gain knob for the amp in one of the empty spots by the TCS. It sounded awesome with the stock speakers too. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey guys, I purchased a stealthbox, just the box without speakers. I'm looking to purchase the speakers that were in there. I know they are 10w3's however there is v2; v4; and the website lists them as v3-8. I'm confused, which speakers am I supposed to buy???
where did you purchase this box? i'm trying to cut cost on my sound system and don't want to get ripped off by stereo shops...hopefully there is a place to buy it cheaper online

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
JL Audio is very strict about their distributors so that their products don't get ripped off online like most other companies. That's why it's hard to find a distributor. I just bent over and paid the $700 or whatever was asked for it. :anal:

·
Registered
61 Posts
JL Audio is very strict about their distributors so that their products don't get ripped off online like most other companies. That's why it's hard to find a distributor. I just bent over and paid the $700 or whatever was asked for it. :anal:
that's bullshit, i don't want to blow $700!! oh well, it's going to happen. i'm sure i can make up the money by buying amps off the internet and doing the install myself

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I have 2 10's, the box cost me.....$185 from a guy on 350zmotoring, don't ask who, I forgot. I added an amp and love it. I can still get 2 sets of golf clubs in the car as well. It looks really nice too. If only I could remember to post pictures when I got home from work.

So in other words, there are other options out there. When it comes to stereos I am very frugal with my money, I have a $5000 stereo system that I spent $2,500 on. That's just in parts, I did the installs myself. I will try and remember to post the pictures when I get home tonight for you to see.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have 2 10's, the box cost me.....$185 from a guy on 350zmotoring, don't ask who, I forgot. I added an amp and love it. I can still get 2 sets of golf clubs in the car as well. It looks really nice too. If only I could remember to post pictures when I got home from work.

So in other words, there are other options out there. When it comes to stereos I am very frugal with my money, I have a $5000 stereo system that I spent $2,500 on. That's just in parts, I did the installs myself. I will try and remember to post the pictures when I get home tonight for you to see.
i'm the exact same way with my stereo systems. but it seems that JL did a lot of research with the placement and area inside the box to get the best possible sound. not very sure that it's worth an extra 300 or 400 dollars though. some one posted a custom box on here made of 5/8 mdf but i'm afraid that will flex under heavy bass. try to get some pictures up or maybe where you bought the box because i'm very interested.

·
Registered
61 Posts
has anyone tried a different amp combination with the JL stealth box because i like loud bass. with the 500/1 is it just insanely loud?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts