Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

JL STEALTH BOX

4K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  zukbang 
#1 ·
what do you guys think about the JL stealth box?is it any good?who here has tried JL stealth box? i was gonna get Nazar's box but i heard about JL making stealth box for our car.....and how much is JL?i couldn't find the price at JLaudio.com
Thanks guys..

#4 ·
Here we go... The box is perfect. I may be a little partial, but I can't imagine anything better. It's light enough that I (a wimp) could lift it with one hand if it was balanced properly. Probably 40-50 lbs. Pretty good for a box + 2 subs.

I'm running the JL Audio Stealthbox, equipped with the standard 10w3v2's. The box ran me $700 from a local sound shop because I didn't feel like buying anything used off the boards or off of ebay.

I'm running it from a JL 500/1 on the factory HU (Head Unit). I also have a bass knob connected so I can show off when I really want to. It's enough bass to hear a mile away and enough refinement to make every song sound great.

On that note, it's not DB Drag material either. After all, we're talking about 2 10's. Anyways, I'll post some pics of my setup so you can see how it looks. I know JL only has one pic on their site, and I sure was curious as to how it looked before I bought it.

Also, if I could go back and do it again with the same price range, I would have made the exact same decision. I have space, boom, refinement, and it looks awesome.

I'll take it out tomorrow at work and put it on the scales. It's that easy to pick up and remove.

Any more questions?

#6 ·
Originally posted by Redefined350z@Dec 9 2004, 11:40 PM
Here we go... The box is perfect. I may be a little partial, but I can't imagine anything better. It's light enough that I (a wimp) could lift it with one hand if it was balanced properly. Probably 40-50 lbs. Pretty good for a box + 2 subs.

I'm running the JL Audio Stealthbox, equipped with the standard 10w3v2's. The box ran me $700 from a local sound shop because I didn't feel like buying anything used off the boards or off of ebay.

I'm running it from a JL 500/1 on the factory HU (Head Unit). I also have a bass knob connected so I can show off when I really want to. It's enough bass to hear a mile away and enough refinement to make every song sound great.

On that note, it's not DB Drag material either. After all, we're talking about 2 10's. Anyways, I'll post some pics of my setup so you can see how it looks. I know JL only has one pic on their site, and I sure was curious as to how it looked before I bought it.

Also, if I could go back and do it again with the same price range, I would have made the exact same decision. I have space, boom, refinement, and it looks awesome.

I'll take it out tomorrow at work and put it on the scales. It's that easy to pick up and remove.

Any more questions?

Hello all,

New to the forums. But I just had mine installed 1 week ago. same set up as Redefind350Z has but lacking the bass knob. with the JL 500 mono amp it sounds killer. it fits very well. I did not have to have it secured. nice snug fit. umm I will have to get a new deck though. the Bose system is lacking. I dont like the auto volume thing. But total price for box w/ speakers, amp, and install was around 1500. 80 bucks for the 4 gauge amp kit. Anyways this is a great site. everyone is very helpful to eachother.

thanks,

Jp

#7 ·
Yeh, that's another thing I forgot to mention too.

It says it's like a 4 hour install, because they tell you to screw the bottom of the box into the car. That requires you to remove the entire rear end of the interior of the car. Ridiculous. It fits snugly and doesn't move. No point in installing it like that. Just set it in there.

#8 ·
Originally posted by J_Paullus@Dec 10 2004, 01:29 AM
Hello all,

New to the forums. But I just had mine installed 1 week ago. same set up as Redefind350Z has but lacking the bass knob. with the JL 500 mono amp it sounds killer. it fits very well. I did not have to have it secured. nice snug fit. umm I will have to get a new deck though. the Bose system is lacking. I dont like the auto volume thing. But total price for box w/ speakers, amp, and install was around 1500. 80 bucks for the 4 gauge amp kit. Anyways this is a great site. everyone is very helpful to eachother.

thanks,

Jp

Oh yeah, and :welcome: :wavey:

#9 ·
I just bought the beginings of my new system:

ECLIPSE AVX2404
PUNCH P5002 (500 WATTS RMS @ 4 OHMS)
JL STEALTH BOX

I am having it installed next week as soon as the Stealthbox comes in. Sounds like everyone is pleased with the Stealthbox. I hope I am too.

Most people are using the JL 500.1. I chose Punch I have always used them and have never been let down.

Any thoughts on my set up would be appreciated.

#11 ·
never mind...i got mine today....a used one from a member.
it should arrive next week...just in time for my b-day
one last question,how's the bass with jl 500.1 amp?
does your interior rattles a lot? such as rear strut, plastic covers in the trunk..

#14 ·
i think i've over paid..but it's all good
i paid 500 shipped.
i'll be getting it tomorrow...i'll see how the subs are...
i could get the subs for 139 each anyways...if the subs are bad..i'll just get some new ones..10w3's aren't thattttt expensive compares to w6s

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.