Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to keep Jinxy informed every step of the way..Here is the first layer of resin and the first cover prior to trimming the excess.Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will be doing 4 more sets 1 or two possibly in kevlar (black and yellow) if anyone is iterested pm me..They will be $175 a set for CF and $250 for the Kevlar.These prices include you sending me your originals or a core charge of $25 additional if you want to keep yours.Keep in mind the other you see out there for sale are NOT real CF, they are a paint process to SIMULATE the CF look..Mine are OEM battery covers with a real CF overlay and several layers of resin for depth..

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
Very nice!
I wish I could get ahold of some of the material we use at work. Pre-pregs, dry, plain weave, cross, 8H, 5H, glass all kinds of stuff. I'm in the QC department of the composite lay-up facility, just about any type of material you could ever want right before your eyes.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by jinxxycat@Aug 29 2004, 10:30 PM
Can't WAIT!  LOL  Seriously if you want something in CF send it to Julian!  Support our 350z-tech guys who are doing stuff like this, Julian, Toykilla....keep it in the family guys!

<span style="color:darkblue">You'll have to add him as a good guy in Good Guys / Bad Guys</span>

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
This looks good so far. Jinxx your engine bay is going to be PIMP!

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Jinx,What colors do you have in your engine bay??Cause ZXrage has yellow accents and it looks **** good with the brickyard so I was thinking yellow and black Kevlar???HMMM..Maybee jinx?

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I think Jinxx already has a bunch of CF in her engine bay

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Yeah, jinxx has CF, and I think she's planning on picking up some chrome stuff. So I can't speak for her, but silver would look good on Lucy

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Latest pic as of right now..Final coat of resin with surfacing wax added to it..Just need to wetsand and polish tonight..The seconfd one just got its first coat of resin today..

Attachments

1 - 20 of 59 Posts