Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Ive been thinking about buying the 2 JDM interior light kits; the footwell lights and the underseat lights. I drove my dad's SL55 tonite and it has a similar feature with orange light coming out from under the seat and also inside the door handles, it looks fantastic

I jumped on the courtesyparts site and cant make anything from the Japanese instructions they supply. Has anyone fitted these kits here in Aus? Is it a DIY job?

They are pretty expensive, and u probably could do it yourself with parts from jaycar/autobarn, but i would rather spend the inflated prices for Nissan OEM gear

Any thoughts guys?

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
apparently the JDM underseat lights have a switch and the footwell lights share the same interior delay feature

to DIY and to share the OEM delay feature ud need to wire the lights into the map light, and i wouldnt feel confident running wires through the a-pillar trim with the airbags in there

·
Registered
6 Posts
Originally posted by TPIACE@Jun 2 2005, 03:34 AM

apparently the JDM underseat lights have a switch and the footwell lights share the same interior delay feature

to DIY and to share the OEM delay feature ud need to wire the lights into the map light, and i wouldnt feel confident running wires through the a-pillar trim with the airbags in there
[snapback]108603[/snapback]​

The underseat lights tie into the ashtray wiring. Basically, you just remove the console and tie into the circuit that illuminates the ashtray. If you don't smoke you have the small coin holder instead of the ashtray. But, the wiring is still there and there is not a light. So, tie into the wiring and you are good to go. Ziptie the lights to the most forward beam under the seat.

The illumination lights have a set of three wires that run down the A pillar on the driver side. Just pull out on the plastic at the top of the cover and it will come out and then lift up and out and you will see where the wires lead down to the body control module. The red and beige wires are the ones that have to be spliced into. The black wire is full time hot so do not think it is the ground. You have nothing to worry about with the air bag if you do not screw with anything else. Also, the only part of the side air bag that is there is the lanyard. The curtain air bag is further back in the headliner. Run the wires down the A pillar and mount the lights. I bought a set at Radio Shack and spliced into the harness and wired them up.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow thanks for the advice dude

sounds like something i can do myself. I may have my audio installer fit some footwell and underseat lights for me while the interior is all in pieces, or i may just buy the kits for him to fit

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
sounds like a nice subtle mod, I might give this one a whirl myself.

I was thinking about pulling the reflector in the door and sticking a light in there, but would only want it to go on when the door opened or have it linked to the overhead map lights so they go off when you lock or open the car.

anyone else thought of doing this?

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
not really to be honest Buzam, when my installer takes my doortrims off, im going to have that lower panel carpeted and will cover the reflector

the JDM footwell lights are a nice mod, especially with the light reflecting off the pedal and soft dimming off/on like the map lights, just the kit itself is quite pricey, well for my anyway having to ship to Aus

1 - 7 of 7 Posts