Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of good info, sound clips etc here and even more opinions (yes I know the saying).......

Here's my thoughts and please help me see through some of my in-experience. I will not be Turboing or S/C-ing this car. I do want louder but not TOO LOUD. So lets go from there.................

1. The Stillen at $1150 is close to a dual (not real sure if this is an advantage for me) and I like the sound from the clips.

2. Nismo is very nice includes the Y pipe and at $800 saves me a few dollars for Sway-Bars. Was told it sounds good but quieter than Stillen but "alittle" louder than stock and more "Z like"....

3. Helix is nice, does not include the Y but at $650 gives me extra dollars for a Y.

Other question is I'd be open to adding HF Cats or Test Pipes (see I'm learning) to 2 or 3......or to 1 if needed....is this something I should do? $500 or $200 respectively.

Any thoughts and experience would be appreicated.

Regards,
Bob :helpsmilie:

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
The stillen is the only dual exhaust on your list. It is a dual, but with a X-Pipe. From my understanding, it is the only exhaust on the market that is actually heavier than the stock setup. This is a major downfall IMO.

The nismo is fairly popular, and I did not know it was only $800. Helix is generally a lower quality brand.

From your list, I would buy the Nismo.

HF cats or test pipes will improve performance as well. Both will increase the loudness, but test pipe could change the sound significantly of any exahust setup (for better or worse)

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
I have heard that the Stillen is extremely heavy. The Nismo is my favorite sounding by far. The Helix is new, and sounds a bit raspy from the sound clip I heard. Just my .02. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Borla makes a nice dual exhaust!!!

IMO Why pay $ for another Y pipe? :dunno: (nismo)

I like the Borla, had one on my Z06 but seems everyone here BOOs the Borla.......

I've got a buddy that owns a muffler shop and can weld up all the clamp seams on the Borla......

Just thought it was not a "good buy" based on some of the discussion here....am I wrong on this belief ???

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Borla makes a nice dual exhaust!!!

IMO Why pay $ for another Y pipe? :dunno: (nismo)
I like the Borla, had one on my Z06 but seems everyone here BOOs the Borla.......

I've got a buddy that owns a muffler shop and can weld up all the clamp seams on the Borla......

Just thought it was not a "good buy" based on some of the discussion here....am I wrong on this belief ???
I've had my borla for 1 1/2 years, and never had an issue w/ it, love the sound of it and you drop like 20lbs from stock! :cheers: Some ppl don't like the borla for the 17 pcs I believe and the clamps, but **** if you would weld it then, cool!

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
HKS ~ 1450 +/-

however, recent discovery is the ARC true dual FULL titanium is most definitely more expensive.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts