Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I would like to start off by saying. I'm sorry if my English is not all that great. I'll do my best to describe the problem i am having so those of you on here can have a better understanding what my problem is. I will even upload a video of my problem as well thanks.

As of yesterday 9/5/2014 my passenger side window would not go up or down and it would make this weird sound. so i remove my door panel but leaving everything else still hook up to see what my problem was before i started tearing everything else apart. As i hold down the window switch i notice the reset switch on the motor was jerking around as if the motor was not bolted down.

So i remove the bolt's that hold the black panel down where the motor was bolted up to to see if maybe the motor was not bolted down or maybe if something else might of went bad and i found nothing wrong at all. The motor was bolted up fine and the window track system was fine as well. So i put everything back together leaving the door panel off and gave it another try and still the same thing happen.

I figure i try holding down the reset switch and try rolling up the window which this time it work but before it got up to the very top the motor started to knock which you will see in the video. But after a while of playing with the reset switch i got the window up all the way and just left it there tell i can figure out what the problem might be. but here is a video of what the motor is doing.

http://youtu.be/6_BSShev0vs

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
the 350z window motors are notorious for going out. in a 10 year period that i had mine the driver window motor was replaced twice since i used it more than the passenger side. good thing is they are easy to replace

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are right they do make it easy to replace them if you know what you are doing. Just replace the driver side one 4 months ago when i reach 46k miles on my car. You would think for the price you pay for these car's they build the window motor like other name brand company's do. But again for a aftermarket lifetime warranty window motor you can't really complain much besides the time spent in replace the motor.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You are right they do make it easy to replace them if you know what you are doing. Just replace the driver side one 4 months ago when i reach 46k miles on my car. You would think for the price you pay for these car's they build the window motor like other name brand company's do. But again for a aftermarket lifetime warranty window motor you can't really complain much besides the time spent in replace the motor.
i had mine replace the brushes in mine yrs ago and still working

1 - 4 of 4 Posts