Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thing draws crazy attention...... unfortunately from cops also.

Yours too?

JET

·
Registered
755 Posts
I once was parked illegally in front of my university, when the most hated ticket officer approached my car.. I jumped like a bee just stung me in the ass and ran to the guy.. I told him I’ll move don't give me a ticket, he looked at me then at the car then back at me and said "nah this one can stay". I also got away with doing a burnout in front of a cop just because he liked the car and I gave the lame excuse of slipping my clutch by mistake. Z draw attention and respect, mustangs draw cops not attention.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
A Z would have to be pretty tricked out around here. They're a dime a dozen in DC area. Here, Z's are driven mostly by self involved yuppy types, non-enthusiasts who buy it for the status symbol. Can't even get so much as a nod of acknowledgement from other Z owners.

·
Registered
335 Posts
There's about 6 or 7 here in an area of 100,000 population. I've got the only DB, so I get a little extra look from time to time. Mostly silver Z's in the area driven by Walmart execs.
I need some new wheels. The wife is on board (especially after being bribed with Tiffany jewelery for Xmas). I'm leaning toward Nismos, she wants chrome.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by Lo Fi Ched@Jan 7 2005, 09:39 AM
...she wants chrome.
:nono: [/quote]
+1

Go with Nismos for light weight performance.

I get a lot of heads turned around here because there's so few of them. All my neighbors like it and comment on it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
It turns more heads than a tennis match. :) Old men, kids, girls. They point and stare. It's great!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Some of my neighbors I think are jealous, but they're :whip: by their wives.

An older couple usually walks by my house in the summer evenings and they always stare and smile. Kids will yell 'Nice car!' when going by. Occassionally, I'll get a :thumbsup: on the road.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Originally posted by Lo Fi Ched@Jan 7 2005, 08:39 AM
...she wants chrome.
:nono:

[/quote]

+2

My Z doesn't turn any heads right now because it's too dirty :(

·
Registered
87 Posts
Originally posted by Fleshrot@Jan 7 2005, 07:35 AM
There's about 6 or 7 here in an area of 100,000 population.  I've got the only DB, so I get a little extra look from time to time.  Mostly silver Z's in the area driven by Walmart execs. 
I need some new wheels.  The wife is on board (especially after being bribed with Tiffany jewelery for Xmas).  I'm leaning toward Nismos, she wants chrome.

DB with Nismos is a good idea. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
351 Posts
A guy in a Mack truck started looking at it yesterday... While he was driving towards me and veering into my lane! Head on into me on a 2 lane! Scared the **** out of me. I honked (while starting to swerve) and he snapped out of it and got back in his lane...

·
Registered
58 Posts
I still have the only roadster in my area that I have seen so I still get the Exorcist head turns. Never gets old.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Originally posted by SmoothZ+Jan 7 2005, 09:01 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Lo Fi Ched
@Jan 7 2005, 09:39 AM
<div class='quotemain'>...she wants chrome.

:nono: [/quote]
+1

I get a lot of heads turned around here because there's so few of them. All my neighbors like it and comment on it. [/quote]
We looked at Volks, GGames, Fondmetal, ADR, HRE, etc.. online last night. Then I showed her the Nismos and told her about the performance aspect of the wheels. Her reply: "They're not shiny enough".
Any suggestions people?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Mine doesn't really turn heads, and it's LeMans Sunset. There are way too many Zs in Orlando. Whenever I'm down there, I see about 10 a day. I did post up my Z sightings for 2 days, but didn't post anymore because it would've been too much post whoring.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Originally posted by Fleshrot+Jan 7 2005, 10:14 AM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 7 2005, 09:01 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Lo Fi Ched
@Jan 7 2005, 09:39 AM
<div class='quotemain'>...she wants chrome.

:nono:

+1

I get a lot of heads turned around here because there's so few of them. All my neighbors like it and comment on it. [/quote]
We looked at Volks, GGames, Fondmetal, ADR, HRE, etc.. online last night. Then I showed her the Nismos and told her about the performance aspect of the wheels. Her reply: "They're not shiny enough".
Any suggestions people? [/quote]
Go with something that comes in a "hyper" silver...some kind of super bright silver with a polished lip.

Axis Milanos for example. How many spokes do you want?

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Originally posted by Lo Fi Ched@Jan 7 2005, 05:56 AM
A Z would have to be pretty tricked out around here.  They're a dime a dozen in DC area.  Here, Z's are driven mostly by self involved yuppy types, non-enthusiasts who buy it for the status symbol.  Can't even get so much as a nod of acknowledgement from other Z owners.

It's the same way around here. I haven't gotten but one wave back and I wave at every Z or G that passes me.

There are more G's and Z's around where I've been going to classes (rich area of the city) but they are fairly rare around here. There are 2 G's and 2 Z's around here that are modded including mine.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Originally posted by Fleshrot@Jan 7 2005, 12:09 PM
Redefined- those look badass!  I'm a big fan of 5 and 6 spoke wheels.  Jinxxy has some nice wheels too.  What are those?

Why Thank you! They are Volk LE28N's (limited edition of the CE28N's, only diffc is the color, it's "shinier" than the CE's......)

Check out the ADR wheels, they have the "hypersilver" color for their wheels too.....

1 - 20 of 94 Posts