Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting the nismo intake I ordered it today should have it by next wednesday, My main worry is it sucking water into the motor is this a problem? Where i live it rains normal like anywhere else and sometimes the streets get flooded, so i need to worry about it sucking water up into my car. I work very hard to pay for my z and im paranoid about stuff like this lol but i wanted the intake before I get the nismo cat back..

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will do my best to avoid deep puddles but it rains here allot and the roads get messed up..
Anybody running one of these , whats your experince with rain and water, is it safe?

Originally posted by jinxxycat@Jun 30 2005, 02:33 PM
Just don't drive in any puddles that are 3 feet deep :wink: .....I haven't heard of anyone having problems w/ taking in water w/ a CAI........
[snapback]124590[/snapback]​

·
Registered
30 Posts
Originally posted by borg256@Jun 30 2005, 02:52 AM
Im getting the nismo intake I ordered it today should have it by next wednesday, My main worry is it sucking water into the motor is this a problem? Where i live it rains normal like anywhere else and sometimes the streets get flooded, so i need to worry about it sucking water up into my car.  I work very hard to pay for my z and im paranoid about stuff like this lol but i wanted the intake before I get the nismo cat back..
[snapback]124282[/snapback]​

No, you won't have any problems. It's situated behind the fender well and it has a bypass valve to eliminate water ingestion. They work well and you safer with the Nismo CAI than anyother.

Cheers

Jeff :shiftdrive:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.