Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to buy a Z.

Looking at a new 2004 Silverstone Touring (6-speed) with Charcoal interior.
It has
aerodynamics package
floor mats
splash guards
cargo convenience
aluminum kickplates
carpeted trunk mat
side and curtain air bags.

The car has some nice accessories but normally I wouldn't care for the side airbags ($620 option) but it could help resale or save my noggin in a wreck.

The sticker on the car is $ 35,530. Today was my first trip to the dealer and I got him down to 31,000 with 3% financing. Is this a good deal for that 2004 car?

It's chicago and still winter here and it's a 2004 so I will try to get them down under 30K if I can. I think they are making a point on the financing if Nissan is still doing 2% financing on 2004s but I can't confirm this. Anyone know how I can confirm the financing?

Quick question, on the 2004s, what does the aerodynamics package include. Is it just the rear spoiler or is there a front lip spoiler? I didn't see one on the car.

There is no trade-in on the deal as I will sell my car on my own to get a better price.

Hopefully, I'll be a new Z owner soon.

Any feedback on this deal is very much appreciated. It's a great car but I don't want to get screwed...

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
The aero pkg should include the rear spoiler, and that's about it. They might say there's a diffuser under the chin spoiler in the front (woopdeedoo). My biggest complaint about the auto industry is the charge for carpeting and floor mats. I think that should be standard, and it could be a tool you can use against them. Just tell them that you have a problem with them charging you for something they could easily afford to give away, especially if that's the deal closer.

As for financing, the dealer usually has numerous banks the finance officer deals with. They will try to find the best rate for you to get you that monthly payment you can afford.

I would talk them down to 30k if possible. Maybe more if you tell them you can find a 2004 for cheaper on the net. They have your name and number, they'll call back and talk a deal if you let them.

I bought my 03 during the winter when 04's were already out. They offered it to me for 26k. And it's also a Touring.

Just remember that you have the upper hand in that you don't have to buy that car. You can always shop around because you have the luxury of time and they don't. Always look for a better deal.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[/quote]

Thanks for the input.

Was your car an automatic or a manual transmission?

Unfortunately, manual transmissions are hard to come by this late in the model year (for the 2004s).

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
[/quote]

Thanks for the input.

Was your car an automatic or a manual transmission?

Unfortunately, manual transmissions are hard to come by this late in the model year (for the 2004s).
<div align="right">[snapback]71423[/snapback]
[/quote]
I got the manual tranny. It's the only way to go for a sportscar.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[/quote]
I got the manual tranny. It's the only way to go for a sportscar.
<div align="right">[snapback]71430[/snapback]
[/quote]

:werd:

You got a fabulous deal then. I'm not sure if I can get them down to 26k.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
You should be able to get around 28k at least. If not, keep looking if you have time. You'll be able to find a good deal eventually.

·
Registered
655 Posts
And if you can find an 04 with a few miles on it you could save a ton of money since that owner already took the depreciation hit.

For what it's worth, I got my 03 Track w/ 8k miles for $26 back in October of 04. It had all of the same accessories as you listed, plus aftermarket rims/tires. I thought that was a great deal. Saved almost $10k by accepting the 8k miles.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So far, the best deal is a 2005 daytona blue touring for $31228. EDIT: That car was an automatic so the deal is off.

There is also a 2004 demo (3800 miles) touring version in Liquid Aluminum with Nismo edition for $31800. The car is a demo but stickers for $37500 or so. Is that a good deal? Is nismo worth it? I want to autocross/track this car.

Also found a liquid aluminum with the 18" chrome touring for $32800. Again, not such a great deal...

Best deal on a 2005 is 32,500-32,600 depending on the color.

Nobody around me has any 6-speeds in stock. I called 4 dealers.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I got my new 2004 just over a month ago. I ended up with a LeMans Sunset Enthusiast with those exact same options and no side air bag. Mine also came with a NISMO exhaust. I paid 27 and change.

The 2% factory financing on 2004 models was only available until Jan 6th. The 3% they are offering you is a good deal.

You are smart to sell your trade in yourself. You will do much better that way.

True, you can save a few $$'s if you get one with a few miles. I didn't go that route because I wanted my new Z to be NEW and all mine.

My advice: Decide exactly what model and options you want. Figure out what you are willing to pay. Tell the dealer to take it or leave it and be ready to walk if they say no. 31 is not bad for that car. You should be able to do a little better - but not much. I would tell them 30.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts