Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
IMO, i really do not care about how fast my car runs the 1/4, i care mostly how it handles in the twisties and that. this car was made for the curves, not the straight line. But to answer the question i think that 10K to drop 1.5-2 seconds off of the 1/4 is a bit too much money anyway.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Yep, i'd say it could definitely be done. Turbonetics single turbo kit should put you in the 12's.

·
Registered
54 Posts
You don't need anywhere near 10K to get in the 12s. Driver skill is the most important, whether in the twisties or on the strip. I ran a 12.6 @ 109 without spending 10k!

·
Registered
38 Posts
all you need is nitrous. you'll be in the 12's spending way less than 10k. of course when the bottle runs out you'll be right back up to stock times.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
major weight reduction. Did anyone else see that post where they took a corrola or something and stripped it down to a rolling chassis? They cut the roof off too. no engine mods, it ran 12's :lmfao:

·
Registered
13 Posts
As long as ur not granny shifting and u know how to launch the car, then you shouldn't have a problem running in the 12's after spending $10K. Of course I'm talking about spending $10K in performance mods, not cosmetics. :shiftdrive:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts