• No thanks

Votes: 0 0.0%
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Dave

I can handle the photos, and possibly the prize (Z T-Shirt) to the winner.

I think there should be an entry period, and then leave the submissions up for at least a week, to ensure everyone sees the entries.

I also think all Super Black cars should get bonus points as well. :rolf2:
I'll be sure to make it impossible for SB to vote or win.

But I like the way you're thinking! A+ for effort!

That's not what I typed. :)

It's not about new members not voting. It's about members that JOIN AFTER THE CONTEST STARTS to NOT be allowed to vote.
Sorry I misunderstood. I was reading too fast. I'm going to have to look into it and see how I can set those parameters.

I agree with your idea. It's a surefire way to prevent people from cheating... unless of course they already have multiple accounts
Yeah, it's happened before. Unfortunately, that kind of cheating ruins the whole party. It's the lame ass people out there with no lives that ruin it for the rest of you guys and gals.

Maybe one vote per IP address per round? Dave can keep track of the IPs (like how I'm addiing to your workload?:rolf2: )
:xZ!o: :banghead: Bastid!

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
I'll submit my car once all my build is complete and new pic are up.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Dunno if its possible, but Josh, can you link a poll so only people with X number of posts can vote? That way we can get the newbies who are actually active, and if you set it to ~10 posts, probably toss out multiple accounts before they can get to it. I know on other forums (6Speed) you need 10+ to see signatures. If this is a huge deal, then forget I said anything.

~Pat

·
Premium Member
5,666 Posts
Maybe one vote per IP address per round? Dave can keep track of the IPs (like how I'm addiing to your workload?:rolf2: )
so what about those tricky people who have multiple ip's?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
For those of us in the northern Midwest and NE states, I think we'll make it official and announce the Battle to begin soon after spring starts, as in look for the magical date of March 20th.

So start preparing for opportunities to take pics of your weekend warrior.

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
For those of us in the northern Midwest and NE states, I think we'll make it official and announce the Battle to begin soon after spring starts, as in look for the magical date of March 20th.

So start preparing for opportunities to take pics of your weekend warrior.
Am I Midwest? Colorado... Think I'm Southwest. :(

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Close enough, Robert. I don't think you're driving your car any time soon. I'm planning on bringing mine out in April when she has to go to the bodyshop. We've got two events planned in April around Minneapolis, so I'm definitely going to be driving the Z by mid April.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Thanks for the reminder, John. I've been thinking about this for at least a week now.

Just to let everyone know, I've got a draft thread proposal waiting to be submitted for public viewing. Spread the news and keep your eyes open on this site, because I'll be starting it tonight.

G

·
QUOTE (SmoothZ @ Mar 20 2008, 09:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=508817
Thanks for the reminder, John. I've been thinking about this for at least a week now.

Just to let everyone know, I've got a draft thread proposal waiting to be submitted for public viewing. Spread the news and keep your eyes open on this site, because I'll be starting it tonight.
and I will be here to remind you :lol:

QUOTE (Robert_K @ Mar 20 2008, 10:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=508827
Sweet! :evillaugh: I pick up my car tomorrow. :biggrin:
NICE! Get those pictures ASAP!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Whats this battle about? Street racing, track, etc?

Robert, I'll be waiting on those pics and a dyno chart. OoOo I'm so jealous.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
When is Series 3 going to kick off? Or is it Series 4 now?

21 - 38 of 38 Posts