Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No thanks

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it got mentioned so I'm starting a poll to gauge some interest.

Let me know your thoughts.

·
Registered
7,998 Posts
Depends.... how quickly you gonna to let this one fall through the cracks? ;)

·
Registered
7,998 Posts
depends.. are people going to be allowed to create false logins and ruin the contest??
No clue...it's Smooth's thread. :dunno:I'd love to see this contest...we never really finished the last one.

(Let me know how I can help)

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
So since the last one was either before my time here, or I am oblivious to such things... would someone care to explain exactly what the contest is and the rules applied to it?

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
It relies on someone to put it together and actually finish it, we've tried several different ways of featuring cars in the past, and the people running them always gave up for one reason or another..

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If I volunteer to do it (again), we'll have to come up with some ground rules (again) and maybe even offer a prize for the winner. I know we need at least 16 cars to do a head to head competition. Or we could simply start a poll and let as many enter as possible. Then we keep that poll open for a certain amount of time. Easy concept, don't you think?

·
Registered
7,998 Posts
If I volunteer to do it (again), we'll have to come up with some ground rules (again) and maybe even offer a prize for the winner. I know we need at least 16 cars to do a head to head competition. Or we could simply start a poll and let as many enter as possible. Then we keep that poll open for a certain amount of time. Easy concept, don't you think?
A poll open for X amount of time is a lot less work than a head to head with votes in the threads. I suggest a photo of the owner's choice with a short description. then a poll left open for 24 hours...no holds barred how the votes come in.

Then the round one winners matched up and the same scenario until 16= 8= 4= 2= 1 ?

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
.no holds barred how the votes come in.
Were you not around for the first battle? That is why it was nearly a wash. Because fhacktards had nothing better to do than to create multiple accounts to vote.

If nothing else- it should not be open to any new members who are not current members at the time of the contest start.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hmmm.... I don't think it's fair if new members can't vote. I'd like everybody to get involved, even for the noobs.

I think having a pic or 2 with a list of mods would be a better way to go. There's another site I'm on that does something like that and gives the members a week to vote on their favorite car. It works out pretty well.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Dave

I can handle the photos, and possibly the prize (Z T-Shirt) to the winner.

I think there should be an entry period, and then leave the submissions up for at least a week, to ensure everyone sees the entries.

I also think all Super Black cars should get bonus points as well. :rolf2:

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
That's not what I typed. :)

It's not about new members not voting. It's about members that JOIN AFTER THE CONTEST STARTS to NOT be allowed to vote.
I agree with your idea. It's a surefire way to prevent people from cheating... unless of course they already have multiple accounts

·
Registered
7,998 Posts
Were you not around for the first battle? That is why it was nearly a wash. Because fhacktards had nothing better to do than to create multiple accounts to vote.
If nothing else- it should not be open to any new members who are not current members at the time of the contest start.
I agree with your idea. It's a surefire way to prevent people from cheating... unless of course they already have multiple accounts
Maybe one vote per IP address per round? Dave can keep track of the IPs (like how I'm addiing to your workload?:rolf2: )

1 - 20 of 38 Posts