Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i get tried by every thing on 4 wheels yesterday i was tried by a ford fiesta,.. that ugly 3 cilinder that looks like it was just kicked in the ass. this guy was the fast and the furious he had neons everywhere and a huge folgers can exaust. i made a sticker that reads ,... please dont make me waste my gas. havent put in on but i have placed it on the inside of the hatch looking out w/ tape i will try to post a pic asap,... i dont know about you guys but i dont see many Z on the road i mean every one loves the car and i guess they just wanna see it take off but dosent this get annoying?

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Me and Conceyted were driving home the otehr night and he was in front of me at a light and some douchebag in a stock Saturn tried racing him. I mean why why why?!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey solrac, me too! its just about everybody being player haters. since i bought my car i have nothing but little honda's, volkswagons even 4x4 trying to catch up to me. I can actually see them in my rear view mirror. And if i'm at a light forget it.....even 4x4's want to run with me. let me tell you that when i'm feeling it... i just let it rip and asta la vista baby!!!
see ya when i se ya.
but be careful out there. proceed with caution

tony 04ss

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
It's you.
I don't get any challenges. Some trash talk from coworkers but that's about it. I raced another Z the other night and had a blast, but we did it mostly to see how the mods on the cars would perform and test each other's driving skills.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats too funny i am telling you man i been tried by a 80 some thing chevy van the guy whould hold the brake and the acelerator at the same time to make the wheels spin
you should have seen my face i actualy put the window down and told the guy to stop showing off lol and he made a quick left his girlfriend was lhao and the guy got pissed and me well i was

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
People don't race around here. They're all too snooty and don't care about speed. They only care about the status symbol of the car. All Bimmers, and Mercedez, and Audis, and Porsches, and Lexuses (Lexi? LOL)

The only thing that tried to race me was a Crossfire. He actually kept up, but I was taking my time shifting and I accidentally hit the rev limiter. I think it may have been one of those new Crossfires (SVT?)

·
Registered
66 Posts
My last 'tried' opponent was a Supra that I zoomed around as I was merging onto I-25 from County Line rd. It has one of those on ramps that does a 180deg turn where the speed limit is like 20mph, well I was doing double over that easily with no issues and the supra was chugging along and by the looks of how he came up on my rear view mirror after the turn and onto the straight, he didnt like it to much lol. So we got on I-25 and I sped thru traffic getting a jump cause he was getting stuck behind a van and I exited on araphoe where I saw him catching up behind me. He paced me past a few lights revving behind me and stuff, but I didn't bite. I just wanted to piss him off to give that really annoying... you dont know if you would of beat me or not because we never raced kinda guilt trip lol. But I very rarely get revv'ed over here in Colorado, and when I do get rev'ed they have all been much faster cars lol. The last people to rev on me were modded Evo's and STi's. All which beach me as well as a 660whp supra my bud has lol.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Idiots try to get me to race them all the time, last time it was an 80'ish bronco that was like all rusted out and jacked up. I was like uhhhhhhhh mkay mr. mackey what are you doing? I don't think he could have raced the above mentioned fiesta and won. WTF are these ppl thinking? I had some dude in some lame old geo revving his engine (on 3 1/2 cylinders) at me at a stop light, with a cop 2 cars behind him. I mean, c'mon dude, I am drivin here, not trying to play w/ little boys frontin like they are driving the next supercar....bass pumpin, gold chains hanging from the rearview. Yeah i think I will lower myself to your level and race your rustbucket.....NOT!

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
<span style="color:darkblue">One time a UPS driver was stopped next to me at a light. He gave me a few revs just for fun (he was in a turn lane).
to him.</span>

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Lotsa ricers & racers here in Norcal...everybody lookin for a thrill at my expense.

Buy your own, I say.

& regardless of who's 'faster', I LOOK better!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
When I get someone who starts in on me about their car being hot, fast and furious, I wait until they're done and remind them that my Z looks faster parked than their car doing 100mph.
They never have a good comeback.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well i have people try me till i blow off at them then they stop acting stupid and drive normal no one wants to race.
LOL

Then i had this redneck in this truck come up to me after i smoked another rsx he said i like your air shifter and it must have helped pull they other rsx im like air shifter
oooooo you mean my bov.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Originally posted by Lo Fi Ched@Oct 13 2004, 06:54 AM
People don't race around here.  They're all too snooty and don't care about speed.  They only care about the status symbol of the car.  All Bimmers, and Mercedez, and Audis, and Porsches, and Lexuses (Lexi?  LOL)

The only thing that tried to race me was a Crossfire.  He actually kept up, but I was taking my time shifting and I accidentally hit the rev limiter.  I think it may have been one of those new Crossfires (SVT?)

SRT ....shelby put some work into the dodge srt division cars

SVT = Ford. like cobra svt contour lightning..(those are all fast cars) although dont like ford quality ..cheap interior etc.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
I haven't had ANYONE try to race me yet. My friend and I did a couple of runs with his G35 Coupe when I first got my Z, but that was planned out. I know how the other guys feel though. I once didn't have a fast car and it always made me happy to see a "real" car in action, whether I got my ass whooped or not. Ricers love seeing how it should be done.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I had this idiot today weaving through traffic trying to catch up with me. It just so happen that when he fianlly caught up we were at a traffic light. The passenger stuck his head out the window and said, my buddy wants to see what those things can do. I just smiled and nodded. When the light turned green he went screaming off the line :headshake: I was just thinking to myself, why bother? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Yeah, I've done that before ^

I rev a few times, set my launch RPM, and stare at the light, then when it goes green, I just sit there and watch the other guy tear ass off the line. Noob. lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts