Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im planning on putting in a Greddy TT kit in the future but i wasnt sure if the TT would just be too much power for an everday driving car...also how much is the fuel economy effected? Would I be better off going with a single turbo or SC?? Lemme know what you think. Thanks

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Here we go....release the hounds! Get ready for the replies.

Personally, I don't think having a turbo'd car as a daily driver is that big of a deal. If you truly like cars and the power that comes with it, then you'll probably enjoy having that at your fingertips and heels every moment. I wouldn't mind having that as my daily driver.

As for SC or TT, you might as well ask yourself how much you can afford and what you want at the wheels.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
well all you gotta do is get a boost controller to run a lower level of boost when your daily driving. if you want to runa car just up the boost and your all set.

only if your car can run the higher boost safely

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
It is not a problem, you don't go into boost unless you want to, if you drive normal without smashing the pedal you wont go into boost and run like NA, same thing for fuel consumption if you stay out of boost fuel consumption will not suffer much.

Just because you have a turbo on the car doesn't mean you are running boost all of the time like a supercharger, this works on the Z becuase of the high compression so you still get nice accleration without having to hit the boost unlike other boosted cars with low compression engines that need boost just to get off the line.

·
Registered
728 Posts
A properly tuned TT 350z Will drive exactly like a stock Z except ALOT faster..Hope this helps. :nana:

Exactly-

I was just watching all the vids on APS' site..since my car is in storage for a few more months:

Sunday drive

Mountain blasting

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great info! Thanks for asking this question...the help around here is awesome!
I second that!! You guys are great...ok next question...

Greddy TT or APS

I hear more about the APS from the guys on this forum but outside of that all i hear about is the Greddy...any suggestions?

·
Registered
728 Posts
I second that!! You guys are great...ok next question...

Greddy TT or APS

I hear more about the APS from the guys on this forum but outside of that all i hear about is the Greddy...any suggestions?

HUGE debate. I am absolute APS backer, not because I have it on my car, but because I feel it is the best product on the market. You can go round and round with a greddy vs APS vs JWT vs what ever kit you want to debate about.

I have a friend of mine that doesn't have a Z and is tempted to get a Z just to put an APS setup on it. He has done a TT install on my car and a ST install on another car and is basically in love with their products and the feel of the car with their kits.

if you want complete, safe out of box 400-500whp APS TT is the kit to get (more HP if you choose to build your motor)

·
Registered
305 Posts
APS is safe way out in One Single Purchase..........and best chance at High hp out of box with a quick tune

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A properly tuned TT 350z Will drive exactly like a stock Z except ALOT faster..Hope this helps. :nana:
What kind of mods have to be done to be "properly tuned"???

·
Registered
728 Posts
What kind of mods have to be done to be "properly tuned"???

Take your car to a shop like GRD in IL or Japtrix in FL. Tell them you want the APS TT, test pipes, and exhaust (and gauges if you want). Tell them to install it, dyno tune and give you a call when it's done.

All you need is the APS kit, exhaust and test pipes and that is about it and BOOM...
400+ whp and you basically have one of the most exciting cars one could ever own.....relatively speaking

1 - 16 of 16 Posts