Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I tried looking up the blinking pattern in the FSM but it wasn't in there...?

I did a repair on my car recently. Had to drop the tranny and adjust the clutch pedal so I may have done something to the wiring.
I want to know where to start but the diagnostic code isn't even in the FSM??
-----------------------------------------------------------
Pattern after "On for 7 seconds" is as follows:

On for 3 seconds (pause 2 seconds)
Two flashes (pause 2 seconds)
Two flashes (pause 2 seconds)
Repeat
-----------------------------------------------------------
The only similar one I found in the FSM is { 3 seconds ON, 2 flashes, repeat }... am I meant to ignore the second set of flashes? PLZ HELP!! ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UPDATE:
The light is still flashing, but is no longer a pattern. Just on off flashing constantly..

·
Super Moderator
1,348 Posts
Get a OBD2 code reader and pull any codes held in memory, particularly in the BCM section. The codes should tell you what the onboard diagnostic system is detecting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Get a OBD2 code reader and pull any codes held in memory, particularly in the BCM section. The codes should tell you what the onboard diagnostic system is detecting.
Thanks for the reply.
Realized my steering wheel horn switch isn't working either, must be the clock spring.
... also didn't realize I was supposed to lock the steering wheel when I removed my column lower joint? oops, there goes $200 ?

Codes came up as:
B1049 / B1054 - Driver Air Bag Module Open
B1134 - Left Right Side Air Bag Module Open

·
Registered
654 Posts
For what it's worth, SRS codes are not stored in the BCM, but are recorded in the Air Bag Diagnosis Sensor Unit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts