Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

just wondering, anyone fit ipod and connect it through OEM head unit yet? if yes,how is the sound quality?

cheers,
Jerry

·
Registered
627 Posts
Although I don't have a stock HU, I do have the stock speakers. It sounds OK. If you are going for awesome quality, couple of things:

1. MP3s are compressed. Although the idea is to only take out the frequncies you (as a human) cannot detect, there is still a lossy compression used, so actual sound may not sound as good as a CD.

2. The MP3 is only as good as your bitrate.

3. This is relevant to whether or not you consider yourself to be a true audiophile. I am on the verge of being one, but am too cheap to be one.

Hope that helps :)

Sean

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
How does an iPod hook up to the stock HU? I know there are FM transmitters, but I heard the sound quality is not as good with those. Is there a way to hardwire it in there?

·
Registered
627 Posts
How does an iPod hook up to the stock HU? I know there are FM transmitters, but I heard the sound quality is not as good with those. Is there a way to hardwire it in there?
Dunno....I have an alpine HU with the controller.

:helpsmilie:

·
Registered
627 Posts
how is that controller?
i heard its slow and you have limited songs/playlists...
It's not slow. It just has a limited interface. Like....if I want to find one specific band.....it would take a lot of button pushing to get to it. Not the most friendly in the world, but better than having to

A) have a tape deck to pass through

or

B) Use the radio transmitter thing - terrible sound quality

You have an Alipine and IPOD?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a Pioneer HU, and plug it into a Pioneer adaptor which connects to the cd changer input in the back of the HU. THe adaptor has a set of RCA jacks, which I connect to the Ipod via a cable that has mini jack on one end and RCAs on the other. I control the music on the Ipod, not the HU.

My music is compressed at the rate of 256kbps, and I have amp, speaksers and sub in my car. Sounds very good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts