Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i am having a serious debate on which exhaust to get.
i am confused
either the Borla or the Invidia.
i am leaning more the invidia with titanium tips more.....but i dont know.
any suggestions?
please help.....

Invidia

[attachmentid=10859]

Borla

[attachmentid=10860]

Attachments

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Well what are you looking for as far as sound etc? I would think the invidia would be louder, but I have the Borla and Love it! Sounds so awesome. Plus one million mile warranty for the borla. Do you have any comparison to stock exhaust w/ the invidia as far as HP gains/sound db's/weight gain or loss? Is budget an issue? Have you priced them out? Lots of factors here. :wink: :wavey:

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah so far as pricing i did get a good deal on both . i like the titanium look on the invidia. i know it will be louder due to the fact that the tip diameter is wider.
its japanese
so far as hp gains....there are no numbers what so ever out there. do u have any numbers?
i know there are some out on the borla...but invidia i cannot find ****.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have the Invidia G200, it is not loud, at least not at idle. It's just a nice purr. It does roar with a very exotic sound at full throttle however. I had not heard it myself, until my Coupe was on the dyno. I stood behind the car, and my gosh it sounded great. The fit and finish of the system were great, however, IMO you need an add an "H" or an "X" Pipe to equalize both sides. I drove it for a week, before I put in my "H", and at idle it sounded like two three cylinders from outside, and it also idled lumpy. The lumpy idle smoothed right out after I added the "H".

BTW, no matter what you read about the Borla, the Borla is not a true dual system. The Borla uses an "X" type muffler, where the gases are intermingled. The Invidia uses separate paths inside the muffler.

Lou

Attachments

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
I have the Invidia G200, it is not loud, at least not at idle. It's just a nice purr. It does roar with a very exotic sound at full throttle however. I had not heard it myself, until my Coupe was on the dyno. I stood behind the car, and my gosh it sounded great. The fit and finish of the system were great, however, IMO you need an add an "H" or an "X" Pipe to equalize both sides. I drove it for a week, before I put in my "H", and at idle it sounded like two three cylinders from outside, and it also idled lumpy. The lumpy idle smoothed right out after I added the "H".

BTW, no matter what you read about the Borla, the Borla is not a true dual system. The Borla uses an "X" type muffler, where the gases are intermingled. The Invidia uses separate paths inside the muffler.

Lou
please explain. I'd like to hear this one.

·
Registered
120 Posts
she wants to know, what u mean by Borla not being a True Dual...

Just as I said above, the Borla muffler is a "X" Type. The exhaust comes in from both sides, mingles, and gets exhausted thru the tips. I don't know what's so hard to understand. It's not that uncommon. Below is a page from Magnaflow featuring an "X" type muffler.

When the Bolra was introduced in "03, the press release mentioned the "X" Type muffler construction. Since then, they have not mentioned it.

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd...one=main&id=487

Lou

·
Registered
728 Posts
would this exhaust bolt on APS test pipes 2.5"??

If you are going FI via the APS TT kit, you would be a fool to get either of these exhausts.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you are going FI via the APS TT kit, you would be a fool to get either of these exhausts.
**** Zivman
talking about being blunt and straight to the point!!!!

foool

ok ok man, chill, relax, smoke a blunt will you.....i will stay with APS 2.5" exhaust

LOL

·
Registered
728 Posts
**** Zivman
talking about being blunt and straight to the point!!!!

foool

ok ok man, chill, relax, smoke a blunt will you.....i will stay with APS 2.5" exhaust

LOL

You would be putting money into an exhaust that looks pretty much the same as the APS, but doesn't flow as well. If you are staying N/A then go ahead, either will do nicely.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
quote]You would be putting money into an exhaust that looks pretty much the same as the APS, but doesn't flow as well. If you are staying N/A then go ahead, either will do nicely.[/quote]

no man
i am going APS TT.....[

·
Registered
728 Posts
quote]You would be putting money into an exhaust that looks pretty much the same as the APS, but doesn't flow as well. If you are staying N/A then go ahead, either will do nicely.
no man
i am going APS TT.....[

That makes your decision very easy:

APS test pipes into APS exhaust - done deal

1 - 20 of 21 Posts