Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys my interior is scratched up and was wondering how to take out peices next to the ac controls and radio ect. And is there a certain paint that looks good for the interior?

·
Registered
408 Posts
I am sure there are Youtube posts that will show the how-to's on removal of these parts.
I just posted info on paint for another member's related question.
DupliColor Trim Black works great.

Depending on your taste and budget,another option(one I choose)is to do a carbon fiber dash kit.
I've noted many negative comments on dash kits. Most are from people that never owned,installed,saw one.
Just,"what they heard"--blah,blah.
Well,mine has been in my Z FOR OVER 5 YEARS.
Looks new.
I've supplimented the kit with other molded carbon fiber parts and parts that were not included in the kit.
Its the kinda thing that if you do a few things in carbon fiber,its accents. You do more,parts are needed to complete the
interior. If just accents are needed like covering scratches on your inside door barrels and other areas, a good source is
ZCFcovers.
Back to the dash kit. Buy a quality kit.Follow the instructions(clean the surfaces etc),take your time.the results are
great. PM me for pics. CARid is a good source for a dash kit.

I'd really think about the paint. If done wrong,you will have a mess on your hands. Also,may scratch again.
You want the result of whatever you do to look like it came on the car-factory.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys my interior is scratched up and was wondering how to take out peices next to the ac controls and radio ect. And is there a certain paint that looks good for the interior?
I found that carefully dabbing Acetone on a paper towel to the bad black paint on the door handle and near the AC vents on the doors will soften and remove the black paint.... DON'T do too much or stay on it too long as it will eat away the shiny grey layer underneath.... If you like the grey layer work ONLY down to that... IF however you want black again.... at least on the AC part... remove the grey and you will find black underneath. CAUTION you must take this SLOWLY... but it DOES work.... NO repainting NEEDED.;)

·
Super Moderator
1,659 Posts
Hey OP- did any of these suggestions work for you?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts