Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if there is a subsitute for painting my dash? I don't like the idea of painting it. I heard about a company you can send your pieces to and they will put some type of film on them. I have a lemans sunset and want o have the center portion of the interior < from the triple gauge cluster to right behind where my arm rests on the center console> any one have any ideas??

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
IMO some of the best ones i have seen done were painted. the idea of putting a "film" over it (translated= vinyl sticker) just does not sound right at all. some have done things like that already, check out the gallery and garage photos.

·
Registered
598 Posts
i agree with steve on this one. painting although very costly( unless you do it yourself) will yeild the best looks and if done proprly, will be more durable.
mdzowner

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
I agree with the others.. the best way is paint.. stick-on anything will not look near as good as high quality paint..

BTW, i will be in the dash painting business soon...

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Josh, what are you planning for your Z now? I've seen some cool interiors like Chaparro's RL Z. That's nice work. I don't know about white down the center console, though. Maybe a mix of colors, like a splash of multicolors on a white background.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Can't go wrong with paint. best part you can change the color when you want
:clap:

Mine: :OMG:

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm interested in locating someone that can do a quality job also....I want the dash painted PPW to match the exterior, and to compliment the red leather I'm ordering soon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts