Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced an intermittent interior vibration in the 2500-3500RPM range? It seems to resonanate loudly only in that range.

I've installed a Nismo Cat Back exhaust which I suspect could be the reason for this. Does anyone know where the sound is coming from? It's really bugging me...

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Originally posted by vyuen@Jun 24 2005, 06:03 AM
Has anyone experienced an intermittent interior vibration in the 2500-3500RPM range?  It seems to resonanate loudly only in that range. 

I've installed a Nismo Cat Back exhaust which I suspect could be the reason for this.  Does anyone know where the sound is coming from?  It's really bugging me...
[snapback]120688[/snapback]​

I don't think it's from the exhaust. There have been reports about various *rattles and hums* in the Z from the rearview mirrow to the strut brace. Try to see if you can pinpoint where it is coming from. I had a rattle for a long time, come to find out it was my ez pass shaking around LOL

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by jinxxycat+Jun 24 2005, 07:36 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-vyuen
@Jun 24 2005, 06:03 AM
Has anyone experienced an intermittent interior vibration in the 2500-3500RPM range?  It seems to resonanate loudly only in that range. 

I've installed a Nismo Cat Back exhaust which I suspect could be the reason for this.  Does anyone know where the sound is coming from?  It's really bugging me...
[snapback]120688[/snapback]​

I don't think it's from the exhaust. There have been reports about various *rattles and hums* in the Z from the rearview mirrow to the strut brace. Try to see if you can pinpoint where it is coming from. I had a rattle for a long time, come to find out it was my ez pass shaking around LOL
[snapback]120768[/snapback]​

I dun think it's from the exhaust either but with a loud and raspy exhaust like the Nismo, particularly when accelerating hard, it can sometimes cause other parts to react and 'resonate' with the noise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts