Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know how to get rid of the random interior noise, I hear all sorst of random noise probably two or three,,,I guess I need to track them down but then what?

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
There are many TSB's (technical service bulletins) on interior rattles. Here is a *link click here* to the TSB listings in the "tech guide" which can be accessed from the "tech guide" drop down menu up top....

Try to track down where it's coming from and the hit your dealer up w/ the printed out TSB in hand.

Rattles have been frequent in the rear view mirror (harness area). If you have a ZR, there is a rattle from the second bow on the top in some...check to make sure that your seatbelt on the passenger side is under the clip when not in use, sometimes that rattles. I had a very annoying rattle, for about a year, and not till I was riding in the pass side did I notice it was my EZ-Pass :OMG: :lol:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I currently have a wide array of rattles throughout my entire interior. I think one of them is the dash, another might be the contents of my dash cubby area rattling around, etc. This used to annoy the living crap out of me, until I came to realize that this is a sports car with a tightly sprung suspension and does not exhibit the highest quality materials.

If you start taking the dash apart to fix rattles, chances are that you will encounter other rattles and problems in the future from trying to fix one or two rattles. So I decided not to bother with it.

Best fix yet, turn up the radio :irock:

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Cooler weather can cause some of the interior plastic pieces to contract...so they begin to rattle. Have someone ride along with you to help pinpoint the cause or location then seach out the TSB as suggested above. Sometimes the adjustable steering assembly needs to be tightened up a bit or it will rattle so do that to see if it helps. My little side vents in the dash rattle like a mofo when it's cold...so I follow the advice of Volume Up on the tunes. There is also an air vent in the center of dash near the windshield that can make some noise...you can stuff some black felt in there if it proves to be one of your sources.

hth

1 - 4 of 4 Posts