Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I purchased a set of Intense Power resonated test pipes seen here.
Total price, $150 shipped which comes with all gaskets and bolts <-- this is a great deal any way you slice it.
The inner diameter of the pipes is 2.25" all the way through so they will work with the stock Y-Pipe without that annoying back pressure hiss.

When I receive them, this will become an install and review thread. Stay tuned loyal viewers, same Bat-time, same Bat-channel!

***UPDATE***
Intense Power is back ordered on these test pipes for the next 2 months, they called and offer TiTek test pipes for $160 as a replacement.

·
Registered
60 Posts
QUOTE (TreeFidy @ Aug 15 2008, 03:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=550989
Today I purchased a set of Intense Power resonated test pipes seen here.
Total price, $150 shipped which comes with all gaskets and bolts <-- this is a great deal any way you slice it.
The inner diameter of the pipes is 2.25" all the way through so they will work with the stock Y-Pipe without that annoying back pressure hiss.

When I receive them, this will become an install and review thread. Stay tuned loyal viewers, same Bat-time, same Bat-channel!

***UPDATE***
Intense Power is back ordered on these test pipes for the next 2 months, they called and offer TiTek test pipes for $160 as a replacement.
not a bad deal, since the titek pipes are normally right around $200 everywhere that i have seen them. :cheers:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so I went home during lunch and look who comes knocking, the UPS man! The Titek test pipes came today and maaaaannnnn they sure are purdy!

Big ups to the guys at Intense Power <- not only did they send me the test pipes at the discounted price but they threw in the CEL fix bolt ons for free :yourock:

I'll post pictures when I can and for the money spent, these things are beautiful. They feel like they way somewhere between 20-25lbs, they're stainless steel and the have very nice welds.

Again couldn't be happier with the guys at Intense Power, I would definitely buy from them again. :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On Friday I'm having the test pipes installed mid-afternoon. We attempted a DIY install last weekend that stop about 5 minutes after getting under the car; I'm leaving this one up to people with air tools.

That same night last weekend I took my Injen CAI and went from short ram <- which I had running for the last year to the full cold air setup.

The Pros:
*Slightly stiffer gas pedal (in a good way), it definitely accelerates faster than when it was short ram and it's a bit quieter.

*Much better power/weight ratio when you have a passenger in the car.
When I ran it short ram and had a passenger in the car, it felt bogged down. Now with a passenger in the car it feels like it has same amount of power as it did when it was just me and the short ram.

*Worth the extra effort.

The Cons:
*It took 3hours to get the extension installed... <- Ok, before you laugh, let me point out that I did not remove the front bumper and I did not know about the metal bumper support bracket. The bracket caused about 45 minutes of frustration trying to get the tubing in since it would not fit with the bracket on. Had I taken the whole stupid bumper off I would have seen this and saved myself half of Saturday night...Yes I read two installation write-ups AND Injen's directions, neither mentioned this bracket.

So moral of the story is, if you do the full Injen CAI install REMOVE THE FRONT BUMPER AND THANK ME LATER. That and don't deal with the "heat shield", it goes on the exhaust manifold (somehow) and doesn't really do much other that cut up your hands (nice deep cuts) and p### you off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts